PCP - Rough days

First of all, I wanna make clear to moderators etc. that this is not a mourning post, or attention whoring.
This is a story/information for anyone that wants to try the drug PCP.

This is a story of my brother Tim.

This photo was taken around 2 months ago.

Tim passed away last week, on Tuesday, from a PCP(Phencyclidine) Overdose. For those who don't know what PCP is, It is a drug that was used to be used as a surgical anesthetic drug in the 1950s, and a not long-ago banned horse tranquilizer.
PCP has effects similar to LSD, and according to users, it gives them superhuman powers.

Tim was part of a bad group of friends, who constantly used drugs.
Me as some of you may know, work as a Chemist, in the NZDRF(New Zealand Drug Research Facility). I tried to help my brother stay away from serious drugs, due to me having experiences with addiction of Cocaine.
Anyway, the point is, he was a great and bright kid, who had trouble with making friends, and he only got accepted into the 'stoner' group.

So last Tuesday, after a long day of work, I was just about to sleep, when I got a call from my Father, who cried like I've never seen him before.

I rushed to the hospital, where Tim was declared dead from an overdose along with his other 'friend'.

For the next 2 days, it was impossible to talk with my family.

Now, I advise EVERYONE to stay away from this terrible substance, It was banned for a reason.

PLEASE, IF YOU OR ANYONE YOU KNOW THAT HAS A PCP OR SERIOUS DRUG ADDICTION, PLEASE CONTACT A DRUG HOTLINE IN YOUR AREA.

In memory of my dear brother Timothy.
1999-2014
Rest In Peace.

Shit. That's sad Rest in Peace Timothy... I hope you go in heaven because it wasn't your mistake.

RIP Tim, "PCP gives you superhuman powers"? holy.. just... wow..

I personally think the best way to prevent drug abuse is to better educate people better. Here are two very good sites with more info on this substance, I hope any potential users will have a read before they or any friends decide to experiment, and don't rely on what other people say - do your own research!

https://www.erowid.org/chemicals/pcp
https://www.erowid.org/chemicals/pcp/pcp_effects.shtml
http://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/sho...ncyclidine_PCP

Rest In Peace, Tim. Wish RIP was Return If Possible.

I'm sorry for your loss. A death of a relative always comes as a shock, especially if it was such an untimely one.
I wish you and your family the best of luck in the grieving process.

About the drugs: what makes PCP different from the other drugs? Is it more dangerous?

Danny -
PCP is also known as angel dust and its effects are believed to act synergistically by inhibiting excitatory activity this so called activity may be associated with some of the other more psychotic features of PCP intoxication. If you want me to translate it into english, basiclly it fucks up your brain like LSD you can see demons and other unrealistic things, stuff that dosen't exist.

Sorry for your loss, rest in peace :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03
Посмотреть сообщение
Danny -
PCP is also known as angel dust and its effects are believed to act synergistically by inhibiting excitatory activity this so called activity may be associated with some of the other more psychotic features of PCP intoxication. If you want me to translate it into english, basiclly it fucks up your brain like LSD you can see demons and other unrealistic things, stuff that dosen't exist.

Sorry for your loss, rest in peace :/
LSD isn't a dangerous drug when it comes to side effects (can't be overdosed), the dangers in it is what you can do when on it (and after).

PCP however is directly dangerous to your entire body.

So sorry for your loss, I had a friend who overdosed on a stimulant. (He didn't die however)

Rest in Peace Timothy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elorreli
Посмотреть сообщение
LSD isn't a dangerous drug when it comes to side effects (can't be overdosed), the dangers in it is what you can do when on it (and after).

PCP however is directly dangerous to your entire body.

So sorry for your loss, I had a friend who overdosed on a stimulant. (He didn't die however)

Rest in Peace Timothy
I never said anything about going overdosed. LSD can cause pupil dilation and other physical reactions that are highly variable and nonspecific, it is considered as an entheogen because it can catalyze intense spiritual experiences, same as PCP it catalyzes intense spiritual experiences thats what makes it so dangerous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03
Посмотреть сообщение
I never said anything about going overdosed. LSD can cause pupil dilation and other physical reactions that are highly variable and nonspecific, it is considered as an entheogen because it can catalyze intense spiritual experiences, same as PCP it catalyzes intense spiritual experiences thats what makes it so dangerous.
But PCP also psychically damages your body