Is it worth my time and effort to finish building my server?

As of right now, it seems that their are more RP servers being created than there are players. In-between browsing other servers and building my own, I realized there's too many well-built servers and not enough players to play them. The server I was building is very amateur, and elementary, but it was going to be something new and great. Is it worth my free time and effort to complete this project, or should I just sit back and watch SA:MP crumble away?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerotactics
Посмотреть сообщение
or should I just sit back and watch SA:MP crumble away?
The way you've phrased the question indicates to me that you're going to do it despite the responses, so don't let anything stop you.

If you build yourself a nice community (people) and a script that is both fun and playable, then you have every chance of success.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrivatioBoni
Посмотреть сообщение
The way you've phrased the question indicates to me that you're going to do it despite the responses, so don't let anything stop you.

If you build yourself a nice community (people) and a script that is both fun and playable, then you have every chance of success.
You've made a valid point. Maybe I'm just overthinking things at an early stage, so thanks for the positive outlook. I've pretty much just hit a snare in the project, and had to ask myself if it was worth it, then I realized that I didn't know the answer, so I came here. I'm gonna go to bed tonight in a much better mood. Thank you.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
The server I was building is very amateur, and elementary, but it was going to be something new and great.
The best advice I can give you is to set yourself apart. Do something original. Don't make a generic remake of Godfather. If you think you're onto something new and great, then by all means, continue!

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
Is it worth my free time and effort to complete this project, or should I just sit back and watch SA:MP crumble away?
SA:MP has a solid community, and is not going anywhere anytime soon, especially with all the updates being made (0.3z, 0.4, etc.)