Need help!

I don't know how this happened. But this just came up. My Desktop application shortcut icons start showing a paper icon. When I open it they say "No file supported to open this file" "Choose one of the below options to Open this file"
I am using Windows 8. Please help me!!!!!

Go here http://www.stardock.com/products/iconpackager/
and get the trial version of IconPackager, install it, use it to switch to any icon package, then switch back (if you want to) the standard windows icons.This may fix it

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooo
Посмотреть сообщение
Go here http://www.stardock.com/products/iconpackager/
and get the trial version of IconPackager, install it, use it to switch to any icon package, then switch back (if you want to) the standard windows icons.This may fix it
What does that have to do with anything?
His programs are "missing", not the icons of the program.

u see all my .lnk files are not opening. Help?

Did you try to open any files with a non native program? Such as opening an .exe with notepad or w/e?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua1
Посмотреть сообщение
Did you try to open any files with a non native program? Such as opening an .exe with notepad or w/e?
no I just download a software to open jpg_160x120 files. It scanned every files and from then onwards I cant open any .lnk files.

You see I can open these files from its original folder but not the shortcut of the files.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrakyX
Посмотреть сообщение
no I just download a software to open jpg_160x120 files. It scanned every files and from then onwards I cant open any .lnk files.

You see I can open these files from its original folder but not the shortcut of the files.
Try doing a 'system restore'. Usually located on your control panel for Win. 7; but I don't know for Win. 8. If you can find system restore, restore your PC to a date before you installed any programs that could harm your files. Sorry if I seem noobish, trying the best I can!

ok that's a good idea! but I guess I will lost the files I have Thanks anyway +rep