[WIP] FractalBB - SA:MP CMS and Forum System

FractalBB is now available on our own website: http://www.fractal-hub.com! We hope that everybody enjoys the software and I aim in the next few days to add some more knowledge base articles as well as make additions to the module system, since Codeigniter is not a HMVC framework it is quite difficult to create a module system however so far it seems to be going well.

What is it?

FractalBB is a complete bulletin board (forum) and content management system with SA:MP in mind, developed upon the Codeigniter framework which allows for complete control template and theme wise. By default it comes with a fairly basic template which should be used for all templates created after the initial release.

The install screen:
View an image here:

Here are some screenshots:
Home page

Forum

User Control Panel - Editable to suit your needs in the Admin panel

Admin Dashboard

That's I will show for now, I'll try and get a live design up soon (can't really be bothered to update DNS for a subdomain!)

-Connor, for further information regarding the project either PM me or respond to this thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewerthRoleplay
View Post
Well I'm using Codeigniter so SQL wise everything is fine since the strings are automatically escaped before having anything happen to them. Furthermore the login system is theoretically uncrackable, since it works by inserting a unique 32 character string into the database and as a cookie and checks for your data that way.

Not sure what you really ment by that so I hope it answers your question hah
By cookies, do you mean a persistant cookie or a session cookie? The former are not quite so foolproof. Also, what do you use to store passwords? And what privileges does your SQL account have? By the way, great work!

In relation to the animations, it is editable in the themes files. However it will include a theme without theme as well as the one with the anims. I'll answer the rest later today.

That's nice. Good luck.

It looks good, good luck with it.

could others provide extended support [as in themes , mod workshops etc] to your exhisting work?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kN1GhT
View Post
could others provide extended support [as in themes , mod workshops etc] to your exhisting work?
Currently themes and modules.

Good Job !

Looks really nice! I look forward to seeing the finished product.

Question: Will you be allowing upgrades on licenses? For instance if I get the $5 package, and wish to upgrade to the owned package for $105 would there be a discount, or would it be possible to pay the $105 and have the owned license instead.

Thanks for all the responses, it should be ready at the end of the weekend for the first release. Just a quick question, in assuming that I can't post it in the tools web and other section since it's a paid and licensed for product. Anyone shed some light for me??

It's nice, don't get me wrong; but that expensive for such a new project? You see, some companies (successful ones) give some people a demo (such as popular servers) to get their product noticed. So if you were to give this to someone and allow them to advertise it for their own popular server; it would shine some light on this project that you've put so much hard work in to. Also; decreasing the prices and making them a bit cheaper until it starts taking off is best imo.

I'm loving it all; that just irritated me how it costs from $5 to over 100$.

But I seriously do like it, bravo.