Anyone Know Why Niko....?

Anyone know why Niko uploaded Europe Role-play and then removed it claiming there was a virus. I downloaded it and it was fine. Did he do it because he regrets sharing it or something?? I'm pretty interested in knowing.

Its because admin detected virus and he banned him.

But it seemed fine when I downloaded it. I haven't got any viruses.

This is something that has been going on for a couple of months. I myself was a victim of this virus. After I downloaded an infected script, the virus used my forum account to repost another infected script here. Dugi then banned me out of precaution and later unbanned me and reset my password. (I'd like to thank him for his fast response by the way)

Anyway, I assume the goal of this virus is establishing a botnet. I'm not an expert with these things, but I see no other reasonable purpose for something like this. I recommend everyone who thinks he might be infected to scan his/her computer.

What is it? samp-script.exe?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauzen
Посмотреть сообщение
The virus itself seems to be in samp-server.exe. Probably they just named their malicious .exe file 'samp-server'. When you start the process, the window disappears after a split second, giving you the idea the server simply crashed.

To answer Ryan's question, he first released the proper working one, without any viruses, then, after few days he edited his download link with the virus one, and that's why it's been set as virus.

Why there is always a good idea to just copy the whole script into a new pawno.exe file and avoid every other things (with includes and plugins etc). :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny.
Посмотреть сообщение
The virus itself seems to be in samp-server.exe. Probably they just named their malicious .exe file 'samp-server'. When you start the process, the window disappears after a split second, giving you the idea the server simply crashed.
Nice idea, there will always be enough people who just run these ready-server-packages. Checking the samp-server size would be a quick test. Usually they are around 910-920kbs, depending on the version. I guess they didnt modify the real server, but simply renamed their installer, so the size would differ a lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanEng16
Посмотреть сообщение
ok ty guys. so is the one on the SAMP Scripts website a virus does anyone know?? that's the one I downloaded.
Use only the pwn script and recompile it, and download a fresh server and all required plugins from here. Then youre absolutely safe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauzen
Посмотреть сообщение
Oh goddamn, Mauzen literally has the best responses..