New value for weapon skills (some of weapons)

Hi!

Just one suggestion. We can't modify weapon.dat (DATA folder) because as we know (or some of you may know) SA-MP is using its own data files, there's one line in data file that is NOT being read. Which is this one:

Код:
$ PISTOL			INSTANT_HIT	30.0 35.0	346	-1		2	colt_cop	17	 25		0.25  0.05  0.09	3  5000	1.0  1.0 	 6 15  6     6 15  6  99	7031
That line is fourth line of pistol data, it allows us to use colt_cop anim (holding both hands on pistol like cop) if we set skill level to level: 5000. Obviously that line is not being read, not even in single player, but it'd would great feature to see it as weapon skill for some weapons, basically for these below:

Код:
- Pistol.
- Uzi.
- Tec9.
- Sawn-0ff shotgun.
Also, if you don't like that cop animation (it actually doesn't look that good) I've modified that pistol anim which points your gun straight. Animation might be replaced by Kalcor, because as we know he already added new animation (CUFF). That feature MUST be really easy to add. It's gonna be really useful for server owners to avoid players running around other players and shooting like crazy (think about RolePlays). Many people have agreed with me before (even so many) but none of the beta-testers or Kalcor replied about this. Would be nice, to see some feedback, and yeah, I know 0.3z is security update, but we also receiving features. Don't post anything about it. Thanks!

Код:
Before                                 After

should be added, it's good for people who want to shot with pistol like shooting as deagle.

If the SAMP team is going to waste their time with that full support for modifying weapon data should be implemented.

Then things would be like this old project
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5JKciDPmkVw[/ame]

i mean only use pistol like in single player cops use.

Example:

Quote:
Originally Posted by [uL]Pottus
Посмотреть сообщение
If the SAMP team is going to waste their time with that full support for modifying weapon data should be implemented.

[...]
That won't happen, because SA-MP is a GTA: San Andreas modification, it is not a custom game engine, which we are supposed to edit. I just suggested animation, not changing weapon damages or anything else. My suggestions was to just make that line readable, nothing else. By the way, I can't see the point of editing weapon data file now, since you can change weapon damages in server-side. The only thing you could've change in weapon data files is damages and ammo capacity (+anim). We don't really need weapon data file to be customizable, and that won't happen anyway. I just really don't like that "gangsta style" shooting weapons.. maybe it's not like "I don't like" but it's more like I got enough of it, and that would be nice to see some changes, and also would be really usefull if you're using NON-LAG shooting now, because running around other player like crazy, and shooting from tec9, uzi or sawn-0ff shotgun, is pretty easy to kill him. I don't want to restrict these weapons, I just want different animation (not just me).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riddick94
Посмотреть сообщение
That won't happen, because SA-MP is a GTA: San Andreas modification, it is not a custom game engine, which we are supposed to edit. I just suggested animation, not changing weapon damages or anything else. My suggestions was to just make that line readable, nothing else. By the way, I can't see the point of editing weapon data file now, since you can change weapon damages in server-side. The only thing you could've change in weapon data files is damages and ammo capacity (+anim). We don't really need weapon data file to be customizable, and that won't happen anyway. I just really don't like that "gangsta style" shooting weapons.. maybe it's not like "I don't like" but it's more like I got enough of it, and that would be nice to see some changes, and also would be really usefull if you're using NON-LAG shooting now, because running around other player like crazy, and shooting from tec9, uzi or sawn-0ff shotgun, is pretty easy to kill him. I don't want to restrict these weapons, I just want different animation (not just me).
First off: By editing weapon data, we are not even close to editing a 'game engine'. Secondly, look around. There are so many things added by SAMP that by far would break your concept. And thirdly, Data files hold way more information than just weapon damage data.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steki.
Посмотреть сообщение
First off: By editing weapon data, we are not even close to editing a 'game engine'. Secondly, look around. There are so many things added by SAMP that by far would break your concept. And thirdly, Data files hold way more information than just weapon damage data.
I know what weapon data holds, what do you really want to edit, slots, damage, anim or anything else? That won't happen, because it's editing game files, which is not GTA SA anymore. SA-MP is supposed to be San Andreas not a new GTA with different stuff, animation coming out from original GTA, not from custom thing. That's like asking for Hide hud function now, you're asking for editable weapon.dat file. Let's not start any angry comments, which will lead to nothing really.

At least, we could get weapon.dat to SAMP folder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riddick94
Посмотреть сообщение
SA-MP is supposed to be San Andreas not a new GTA with different stuff.
Well I guess we had better quickly remove all the SA-MP team created objects that have been added to the game files over the previous versions since it doesn't comply with Riddick94's idea of what SA-MP should be. Basically your argument is pretty stupid there are hundreds of things that have been removed/changed from the original single player San Andreas game.

Why are you so opposed to adding more features and content to this mod? Some sort of customization of weapon and vehicle handling data files and the like would bring nothing but more cool, fun content to servers and scripts.