Will crashdetect fail, if a plugin is causing a crash?

Well hello there

I was playing around with an old server i had today, and i discovered something really funny.
First of all, i had Crashdetect running on my server to detect errors, and there were a few of them when i started it. So, i went here to the forums, checking for solutions.

Anyway, all i did was simply adding this into my script:

PHP код:
public OnEnterExitModShop(playeridenterexitinteriorid)
{
    return 
1;

And the error i had about public OnEnterExitModShop went away without problems... and replaced by a new error:
OnPlayerClickMap().

And, from before i know that there is one of my plugins crashing (did it on purpose), Whirlpool.so, and not the script (which the crashdetect plugin claims it to be);
Shouldn't the crashdetect notice the error in the script with the "WP_hash" function instead of blaming everything else in the script, which doesn't even exist?

Or am i wrong?

(Sorry about any spelling mistakes, it's 05:00 here, and i haven't slept in a while)

What error exactly?

Quote:

[debug] Server crashed while executing ogsnew.amx
[20:04:41] [debug] AMX backtrace:
[20:04:41] [debug] #0 ffffffff in public OnObjectMoved () from ogsnew.amx
[20:04:41] [debug] System backtrace:

and after that:
Quote:

[20:41:16] [debug] Server crashed while executing ogsnew.amx
[20:41:16] [debug] AMX backtrace:
[20:41:16] [debug] #0 ffffffff in public OnPlayerClickMap () from ogsnew.amx
[20:41:16] [debug] System backtrace:

and there is no specific error, just changes between them every time (all of those errors does not point back to the plugin, for sure)

Try updating crashdetect to the newest version: https://github.com/Zeex/samp-plugin-...ases/tag/v4.13

Oh thanks, that was way better!

But still, it would not detect if there is a corrupt plugin causing the server to crash.

Did you get a different error?

Read my question once more please
I am asking about something, and i am not out after fixing this. I am asking, if there is a corrupt plugin / out of date plugin - Will the crashdetect possibly detect that it is the plugin and not the script?

No, it won't. It doesn't care about plugins and what they do, unless they do something that directly leads to a runtime error or a server crash.

If a plugin does something bad but that does not directly cause an error, e.g. writes past the end of the buffer you provided to it, you'll probably get an error but a bit later, maybe on next function call, and it wouldn't be possible for crashdetect to tell what it was that actually caused the error.

Okay, thankyou for the answer

I actually expanded my answer a little bit but ok.