Do you like the new sync in 0.3z?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dugi
View Post
Finally can play the way it's meant to be played!
Agree. However, I didn't joined a 0.3z server yet. But i like the shooting sync already

Quote:
Originally Posted by [DOG]irinel1996
View Post
It's great, SA-MP progresses slow, but it does well.
Better slow and good than fast and bad ! o/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean.
View Post
Wow, I completely retract earlier of what I said about this working. It's still highly unsynced. EG: You're around a corner, all you have to do is get your crosshair to aim around the corner(NONE of your body is showing, the other person cannot even see you, nor the bullets) and fire at whoever and they will die without knowing anything. Another example is if you're taking cover behind something low. On your screen it will be an impossible angle for them to get a shot in, but on their screen since it is still unsynced they can shoot you and do damage even though on yours none of your body shows. I hope this gets fixed, its awful.
The feature sounds good on paper, but unless done properly it's better off just leaving it completely unsynced.
It's called wall shooting Sean and it does work the same even when you had to lag shoot. Anyways yes there still is some sync problems the lag compensation does not always work even when you shoot the skin it will probably always be a problem I think.

Using OnPlayerGiveDamage() can compensate for some of these problems, given that the lag compensation will either shoot the player or shoot very close to the player it's a good solution. In 0.3x you would see the shots well away from your skin so a lot of people don't really like it however it's definitely the way to go now when doubled with lag compensation. In fact we had to turn it on when testing 0.3z on our A&D server its actually really nice.

Now I can finally DM properly.

It would be much better if you add an option to enable/disable it in GM just like CJ run.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean.
View Post
Wow, I completely retract earlier of what I said about this working. It's still highly unsynced. EG: You're around a corner, all you have to do is get your crosshair to aim around the corner(NONE of your body is showing, the other person cannot even see you, nor the bullets) and fire at whoever and they will die without knowing anything. Another example is if you're taking cover behind something low. On your screen it will be an impossible angle for them to get a shot in, but on their screen since it is still unsynced they can shoot you and do damage even though on yours none of your body shows. I hope this gets fixed, its awful.
The feature sounds good on paper, but unless done properly it's better off just leaving it completely unsynced.
BEFORE the new sync, shooting at wall edges and hitting a player would be exactly what you described. Now, when shooting at edges, the player is just hit, when he already passed the edge. Other players cant tell the server that they hit someone before really seeing him. The "hit report" also takes a while to reach the hit player, so even if players keep firing at some edge, the other player would notice the hits just a while after he already passed the edge (due to ping). The attacked player would be all aware where the shots came from, as he already passed the edge fpr a whoцe before he notices hes being attacked.
Your "criticism" is exactly the problem that got fixed with the new sync. Think about it before complaining.

It's a bit of a challenge transitioning from lag shooting to normal shooting.

31 RETARDS

You people are such bastards, simple hypocrites. They used to complain about the lag and I can get you goddamn tons of posts asking for the lag to be fixed. Now its fixed, you complain, too. Do you not see for hell's sake that Kalcor did it at least? He shouldn't have too. He could just drink a beer and watch TV. So give the guy credit, you chronic pessimists.

Thank you, Kalcor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajat_Pawar
View Post
You people are such bastards, simple hypocrites. They used to complain about the lag and I can get you goddamn tons of posts asking for the lag to be fixed. Now its fixed, you complain, too. Do you not see for hell's sake that Kalcor did it at least? He shouldn't have too. He could just drink a beer and watch TV. So give the guy credit, you chronic pessimists.

Thank you, Kalcor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajat_Pawar
View Post

Thank you, Kalcor!
There will always be people who complain. You can't please everyone. However, judging from this poll alone, those who are unhappy look to be a vast minority.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [uL]Pottus
View Post
It's called wall shooting Sean and it does work the same even when you had to lag shoot. Anyways yes there still is some sync problems the lag compensation does not always work even when you shoot the skin it will probably always be a problem I think.

Using OnPlayerGiveDamage() can compensate for some of these problems, given that the lag compensation will either shoot the player or shoot very close to the player it's a good solution. In 0.3x you would see the shots well away from your skin so a lot of people don't really like it however it's definitely the way to go now when doubled with lag compensation. In fact we had to turn it on when testing 0.3z on our A&D server its actually really nice.
Oh, I wasn't aware of wall shooting before, it's never happened to me before 0.3z.

Quote:
Originally Posted by herlmamured
View Post
Why it took so long to fix this bug? Srsly WTF, after so many years sa-mp team FINALLY decided to make better sync. This should be done years ago. It really was so hard? Damn you.
woah.. chill your cunt. I'm sure there was a reason why it took that long.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PawnoQ
Посмотреть сообщение
seriously, nothing better could have happened to SAMP!
Never will be able to understand all those "haters"... NEVER!
Yes! : O

Quote:
View Post
NVIDIA

back to topic:
I like the new sync.
I can't understand why some people hate this.

Quote:
View Post
Bloody hope so Dugi.

Didnt work with it for a while, so Im not sure if this is correct, but is OnPlayerTakeDamage still called when a CLIENT noticed that some other player hit him meaning that he got hit on his own screen)?
Thats at least how it should have worked before this update. It would be extremely easy to reenable lagshot with this then. Else, instead of a UseLagShot native, it might be an alternative to add an OnPlayerGotShot callback that acts just like this, so its not the attacking player/client, but the attacked player/client who triggers it.
Would be a pretty simple way to satisfy the lagloving 15%.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauzen
View Post
Didnt work with it for a while, so Im not sure if this is correct, but is OnPlayerTakeDamage still called when a CLIENT noticed that some other player hit him meaning that he got hit on his own screen)?
Thats at least how it should have worked before this update. It would be extremely easy to reenable lagshot with this then. Else, instead of a UseLagShot native, it might be an alternative to add an OnPlayerGotShot callback that acts just like this, so its not the attacking player/client, but the attacked player/client who triggers it.
Would be a pretty simple way to satisfy the lagloving 15%.
It's not that easy: to modify the sync system via script, you need to use SetPlayerTeam to set all players in the same team so they can't damage each other directly. And afaik, OnPlayerTakeDamage isn't called when you are hit by a teammate because you don't take actual damage from him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gryphus One
View Post
It's not that easy: to modify the sync system via script, you need to use SetPlayerTeam to set all players in the same team so they can't damage each other directly. And afaik, OnPlayerTakeDamage isn't called when you are hit by a teammate because you don't take actual damage from him.
it is easy. set the health to 1000 or st, create a textdraw that replaces the health bar and make health server-sided. DONE!

Shouldnt take longer than 10 minutes, IF OnPlayerTakeDamage works like before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gryphus One
View Post
How about healing any weapondamage reported in OnPlayerGiveDamage, and adding the damage in OnPlayerTakeDamage, without working with SetPlayerTeam at all? (Still assuming that TakeDamage is called by the attacked client, and GiveDamage by the attacker)

This will be great, much easier to detect aimbots, and no more lagshooting!
PRAISE DA LORDAH