Video: SA-MP 0.3z Bug 1: Players in AFK mode can be killed

This can still be scripted if you create a scripted health system with onplayertakedamage/onplayergivedamage as indicator to what health reduce.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuervO
Посмотреть сообщение
This can still be scripted if you create a scripted health system with onplayertakedamage/onplayergivedamage as indicator to what health reduce.
It was much more elegant the other way around, check if they are paused then return 0 in OnPlayerWeaponShoot. Sucks people had to complain about it I thought it was about damn time we had this.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyber_punk
Посмотреть сообщение
It was much more elegant the other way around, check if they are paused then return 0 in OnPlayerWeaponShoot. Sucks people had to complain about it I thought it was about damn time we had this.....
It's very very easy to script in.

Looks like this bug still persists in RC3:
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bnoJSpYBAo[/ame]
(sorry for short video and not showing actual killing/HP before ESC (was 100.0) but i had to do it from VM)

Note: Killer must be active when another player exits from AFK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhao
Посмотреть сообщение
This seems to have been removed in RC3. Which is unfortunate because it was a good thing against people who pause to avoid death. We had OnPlayerWeaponShot to prevent this if we wanted to.
Forcing.. same about the Joypad. I am all right with that, that Joypad auto-aim has been removed, but (IMHO) it's not fair for the other server owners which wanted leave Joypad turned on. You're just forced, which is not nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyber_punk
Посмотреть сообщение
It wasn't more elegant, it was and if it still exist, it's buggy. You can make it way better in pawno rather than having this which is bugged and probably not gonna get fixed.

There is actually more time spent on things which aren't necessary, instead there could be at least some good point on fixing some important bugs instead.

It's not a goddamn bug, why don't you get it?

Quote:

It's not a goddamn bug, why don't you get it?

a) if AFK player should be invincible then it IS a bug
b) if we should be able to kill AFK player, then he's HP should go down - it IS a bug

Kalcor didn't mention anywhere that AFK players are now killable, so it's propably a)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eider
Посмотреть сообщение
a) if AFK player should be invincible then it IS a bug
b) if we should be able to kill AFK player, then he's HP should go down - it IS a bug

Kalcor didn't mention anywhere that AFK players are now killable, so it's propably a)
In the past, AFK players were only invincible because clients reported when they took damage (rather than when they gave damage), and a paused client stopped sending updates - so he could never lose health.

The new sync probably fixed this accidentally, and it might have been reverted to maintain the behaviour of the past 7 years on this issue. Just my hypothesis, anyway!

I doubt it's a bug. I believe it's part of the new lag compensation in 0.3z, since skins can be hit now.

On a second note, it's a great feature, but unfortunately it would open up to a lot of abuse on some servers. A great solution would be to not go AFK inside a SA-MP server for a prolonged period of time.

Quote:

In the past, AFK players were only invincible because clients reported when they took damage (rather than when they gave damage)

It's not 100% like you said, but in very big brief - yes.

Quote:

The new sync probably fixed this accidentally, and it might have been reverted to maintain the behaviour of the past 7 years on this issue. Just my hypothesis, anyway!

I don't think player's invincible in AFK was a bug, rather intentional behavior. Anyways, 0.3z changed this in some parts. AFK player can now be killed but NOT when he's AFK. Damage is processed (HP loos and eventually death) right after exiting from AFK, and it will work only if attacker is still streamed and is not AFK.

Imho this is exactly how it should be, if I played Counter-Strike, Battlefield, Call of Duty or just about any other multiplayer game and I pause or alt-tab 9 times out of 10 I would come back dead. Far too often people do this in samp with very lame excuses "oh my mom called me" or "I had a telephone call" sure no problem but just like all other multiplayer games either quit if it is important or take the damn death.

It appears that this has resurfaced in RC4.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
Good. Lets hope its stays that ways. Script an IsPlayerPaused then check in OnPlayerWeaponShoot IsPlayerPaused(hitid) and return 0; Its a simple fix if you don't want paused players to take damage. So it should stay this way for DM servers that need to have this feature.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
It wasn't even fixed in RC3.

Quote:

Good. Lets hope its stays that ways. Script an IsPlayerPaused then check in OnPlayerWeaponShoot IsPlayerPaused(hitid) and return 0; Its a simple fix if you don't want paused players to take damage. So it should stay this way for DM servers that need to have this feature.

Can't you undersand that this is a BUG!? Player health is reduced only when he exits AFK and killer is still streamed for him! Try this:

1. Teleport both players to LV
2. Make player 1 enter AFK and try to kill him (as player 2) while he is AFK. It's not working, right?
3. Make player 1 exit AFK - he's health is reduced and eventually he died.

And now this:

2. Make player 1 enter AFK and try to kill him (as player 2) while he is AFK. It's not working, right?
3. Teleport player 2 to LS
4. Make player 1 exit AFK - he's health is NOT reduced and he remains alive.

Or this:

3. Make player 2 enter AFK.
Player 1 health should be reduced immediately after hit, not after he exits AFK. That's why it's a BUG and propably will be fixed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eider
Посмотреть сообщение
It wasn't even fixed in RC3.

Can't you undersand that this is a BUG!? Player health is reduced only when he exits AFK and killer is still streamed for him! Try this:

3. Make player 1 exit AFK - he's health is reduced and eventually he died.

And now this:

3. Teleport player 2 to LS

Or this:

3. Make player 2 enter AFK.
Player 1 health should be reduced immediately after hit, not after he exits AFK. That's why it's a BUG and propably will be fixed.
This can be fixed by using server-sided health and armour. You can set player's armour or health when he come back. If it's scriptable, it shouldn't be fixed by Kalcor because programming is much harder than scripting.

Quote:

This can be fixed by using server-sided health and armour. You can set player's armour or health when he come back. If it's scriptable, it shouldn't be fixed by Kalcor because programming is much harder than scripting.

Your're programming too! You're creating code in PAWN syntax and then compile it. It's called programming

I know what you had in mind, and i totally diasaagre. You can't leave bugs just because they are "scriptable". Bugs are always bugs and should be fixed, and i'm sure Kalcor is aware of most of them, but some of them have bigger priority then other ones.

Enough of this discussion anyways. We already said everything Kalcor needed.

I still fail to see how it is a bug, if you're still streamed in yes it should remove the health when the hitid's game becomes active. I honestly don't see a better fix for pause abusers.....if you don't mind them on your server then script it in. Before those of us that hated it had a very crappy option to script it in. It is now easier for both sides.

This "bug" - i couldnt even call it a bug because in my opinion this is how it should work - should stay as it is right now.

As MP2 and others said, this way some smart asses cant avoid death and somehow it fades away the attempt of making the game unpausable because now at least the bullets get recorded and hit the player once they unpause.