That is not a bug.

http://forum.sa-mp.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riddick94
View Post
That is not a bug.
That guy's health doesnt drop but he died anyway so its obviously bug

not a bug script designed

It's not a bug, just check if the player is paused then return 0; in OnPlayerWeaponShot() simple. It's a good idea I think no more pausing.

@Edit - Also wanted to add you tested this on our server and we currently have anti-lag enabled with this version due to the "Ghost Shot Bug".

@FlawPAw, it's related to 0.3z. So it's much better in posting here so that it could be fixed on further RC releases.

OT :
Confirming about this. I don't know if it is done as a feature which would hurt AFK players too, if so, the HP bar doesn't get reduced. Though, I'd like if it's not reducing the HP when player goes AFK.

It doesn't go down when they're AFK because their game is closed, so it can't process damage. When they unpause it processes the damage then. It's good, because people can't pause to avoid death now.

Usually they die when they come back. So I guess this isnt a bug, but the script manages the damage, so he dies without even knowing.

Should be function bool:IsPlayerPaused(playerid) because checking with timer and OPU is slow

This is a good thing in my opinion

no more ping/lag protection and /esc to avoid death in SAMP, how great is that!!!

It's great to avoid esc abuser.

I've scripted this future on my server before 0.3z's appearance. I think it would be even better if players health bar would get updated so you could know that you are applying damage to player since a lot of newbies won't probably know that because health bar remains un-updated.

EDIT: Is OnPlayerDeath getting called when you kill a paused player though? I didn't see any death message when you killed that player.

It's better! Because lot of player abused ECHAP/F8 for don't take the damage on TDM and other... Very good idea !

And on SAMP we can't detect directly when an player ECHAP/...

No more ESC buguse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jefff
Посмотреть сообщение
Should be function bool:IsPlayerPaused(playerid) because checking with timer and OPU is slow
You don't need to use a timer, you can use GetTickCount to store the last update time of the player in OnPlayerUpdate, and to check if they're paused or timing out, check if (GetTickCount() - last update time) is more than 1 or 2 seconds. That is probably how any such native function would work anyway, because once the client pauses it stops sending updates, so it couldn't notify the server any other way.

If this is an intended feature then it's fantastic, 10/10 - pausing to avoid death was always very annoying to deal with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jefff
Посмотреть сообщение
Very good idea, checking if the player is paused without timers or anything would be better.

EDIT: Bug confirmed.

Fixed...

This seems to have been removed in RC3. Which is unfortunate because it was a good thing against people who pause to avoid death. We had OnPlayerWeaponShot to prevent this if we wanted to.