BULLET_HIT_TYPE_OBJECT - per-player objects

With OnPlayerWeaponShot, t's not possible to detect if the bullet hit a global or player object. because only BULLET_HIT_TYPE_OBJECT exists. Can BULLET_HIT_TYPE_PLAYER_OBJECT be added please?

I agree with this, please add this one for the next release.

Agree with this too

I have a shooting target system and I had to make them non dynamic objects (Incognito's Streamer) for the callback to correctly detect the hitid. With player objects i am sure we can get streamed objects detection done and it would be really useful.

I would really love if OnPlayerWeaponShot is also extended to detect melee, missiles and throwables.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuervO
Посмотреть сообщение
I have a shooting target system and I had to make them non dynamic objects (Incognito's Streamer) for the callback to correctly detect the hitid. With player objects i am sure we can get streamed objects detection done and it would be really useful.

I would really love if OnPlayerWeaponShot is also extended to detect melee, missiles and throwables.
It deals with weapon shooting and not melee, missiles or throwables. If it was changed to include these types of weapons there'd have to be a parameter included telling you what kind of weapon/action happened.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FufLa
Посмотреть сообщение
It deals with weapon shooting and not melee, missiles or throwables. If it was changed to include these types of weapons there'd have to be a parameter included telling you what kind of weapon/action happened.
There is actually a weaponid parameter so I don't know what you mean with that.

Adding playerobjects to that shouldnt be too hard, but its indeed pretty important.
Though melee and rockets/grenades could be tricky. As it sounds, the new system is all about "bullets", as internally their just one class. Melee and grenades are handled all different, im pretty sure this isnt a thing that could be added with 10 lines.

Just wait guys, it will be added.

The global object IDs and player object IDs don't overlap. So you could use IsValidPlayerObject.

I'll add a seperate definition for player objects in the next RC.