Help needed on Virtual private server (VPS)

I'm planning to buy a Virtual private server (VPS) protected with anti-ddos. I'm going to run 3-5 servers in that VPS. Plus, webhosting and other stuffs. My budget is 30-40$.

I need your help to choose the hosting company. Plus, i wanted to know the specifications to run the above mentioned things on my VPS.

depends on how big the samp servers are? 5 500 slot servers with a resource heavy script/gamemode on each will need a much more powerful vps than 5 100 slot servers running a resource light script/gamemode (assuming you get any players on them)

How resource intensive is your website going to be? lots of videos embedded in it and a lot of traffic will again need a more powerful vps

What "Other stuff" do you plan on running

I need a VPS that can handle 500 players and a website + forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pravin
Посмотреть сообщение
I need a VPS that can handle 500 players and a website + forum.
I would recommend a dedicated server from OVH UK/US if you want DDoS protection and wish to handle a lot of players.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanz
Посмотреть сообщение
I would recommend a dedicated server from OVH UK/US if you want DDoS protection and wish to handle a lot of players.
Like they said, it is essential that you use a dedicated server rather than a VPS, as most VPS's are OpenVZ (Shared resources), you'd be better off getting a nice dedicated server, with fast enough networking speeds to handle 500 slot servers, assuming that they'd be filled, or heavily active for long periods of times, you could use IPTables for DDoS prevention, but it'd be best off if you got a dedicated server with a hardware firewall!

Cheers!

I recommend domVPS or RamNode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael@Belgium
Посмотреть сообщение
I recommend domVPS or RamNode
It wouldn't suffice for his needs he'd be using to much CPU for a VPS since a VPS is shared and he would be hogging a lot of resources.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanz
Посмотреть сообщение
It wouldn't suffice for his needs he'd be using to much CPU for a VPS since a VPS is shared and he would be hogging a lot of resources.

I wouldn't necessarily say hogging too much CPU resources, but with a VPS that is OpenVZ, this is very possible, and I wouldn't shun that fact away, as you said earlier up in the thread, he'd be better off getting a medium/high end dedicated server.