[FilterScript] Dynamic Vehicles - GTA's Spawns

Dynamic Vehicles FS by NaS

What does this FS do?

This FS spawns vehicles just like in SinglePlayer.

There are Vehicle Slots around whole SA with different types of vehicles - rich cars, poor cars or simply a static model for special vehicles (airplanes, NRGs, helis).

Instead of just respawning, the cars will now respawn to a different model of the same group - eg an infernus will respawn to a banshee.

You can dynamically add, remove and edit Slots as you wish during run-time (Look at the Commands).

Which groups are there?

Look into the script, the array "VGroups" contains the groups, I made comments with the name.

Commands (RCON-only):
  • /dv_AddSlot - Park a vehicle where you want the Slot to be and type the CMD, you can then select the type of Slot - pretty self-explaining.
  • /dv_EditSlot - Be near a Slot and you can change its Group, define a static Model or delete it!
  • /dv_SlotInfo - Near a Slot: Show info about the Slot (such as ID, model or group), Elsewhere: Show general info about the system.
How to install?

- Put dyn_vehicles.pwn into your filterscripts folder and open it, then compile it - if you get errors about the sccanf2.inc, view this thread to install it. Make sure it is loaded!

- Create a folder called dyn_vehicles inside your scriptfiles folder, and paste vehicles.txt into it, if you wish to use the default vehicle slots.

- Open your server.cfg and add dyn_vehicles to filterscripts

- Start the server!

Is there anything else I should know?

I also implemented a feature to have some default tuning (like Nos, Hydraulics or random body kits) which are randomly put on spawned vehicles (DISABLED by default).

To enable this, set the define DEFAULT_TUNING to true.

You can adjust the spawn delay and timer tick, look into the script and search for SPAWN_DELAY or VTIMER_TICK. The timer tick should not be higher than the spawn delay.

The original vehicles.txt (Original GTA Coords, gathered by Slice) is in the folder dyn_vehicles too. But there are many bugged slots (wrong Z-Coordinate) and some areas are completely left out.

I made many comments to help anyone understanding this a bit.

Download:

Code (GitHub)

scriptfiles (GitHub)

Credits:
Slice - I took his array to have the Singleplayer Slot positions which he took from an IPL, the rest of this script is entirely made by me or taken from GTA's files).
****** - sscanf2 Plugin

Do not re-release this under your name. You can edit this or take out arrays as you like, but please don't remove the credits.

If you have any suggestions, found a bug or need a different hoster, please post it here!

Nice work man! keep it up

very nice

Good Work . Cool Man!

Thank you

Wowa viva! Keep it up!

New download link?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tass007
View Post
New download link?
Updated link in the topic.

Hey man, I know this is a little old, but I've got a bug with this code, and can't figure out what causes it, at the moment the slots and everything work fine, however whenever a player enters and exits an interior, all the cars for that player, and all other players change color....don't know if this is expected?

Do the vehicles i make save?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike861
Посмотреть сообщение
Do the vehicles i make save?
Yes, all changes are saved to the file on gamemode restart/filterscript unload.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaS
Посмотреть сообщение
Dynamic Vehicles FS by NaS

Code + scriptfiles (Zippyshare)
Sadly but download link is broken

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ejikin91
Посмотреть сообщение
Sadly but download link is broken
Fixed. Thanks for the reminder.