help from DoS..

Hello today i got this statstics.

http://s30.postimg.org/6srcr7l75/Scr...2_14_56_30.png

If this dos how to protect my server from??

Short from paying money (and in some cases, a lot) all you can do is make sure your admins aren't doing things to brings these attacks on (being too harsh), and maybe setting up a software firewall like CSF on your server. This does look like an attack, but it's certainly not a large one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rymax99
Посмотреть сообщение
Short from paying money (and in some cases, a lot) all you can do is make sure your admins aren't doing things to brings these attacks on (being too harsh), and maybe setting up a software firewall like CSF on your server. This does look like an attack, but it's certainly not a large one.
It's Stopped my server a while

Quote:
Originally Posted by MahdiGames
Посмотреть сообщение
It's Stopped my server a while
Yeah, it'll do that. If you keep getting attacks, you'll probably want to look into DDoS protected hosts.

Its a vps, so you can set up some iptables connection limiter. In your case it would have noticed the unusual high incoming data, and drop all future packets from that IP. Its about the best thing you can do yourself to protect the server, and its all free, just ask ****** for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauzen
Посмотреть сообщение
Its a vps, so you can set up some iptables connection limiter. In your case it would have noticed the unusual high incoming data, and drop all future packets from that IP. Its about the best thing you can do yourself to protect the server, and its all free, just ask ****** for that.
That helps with some very small attacks, but it won't do anything for larger ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauzen
Посмотреть сообщение
Good idea but i m not understanding about VPS scripts , look this code
Код:
#!/bin/bash
IPT=/sbin/iptables
# Max connection in seconds
SECONDS=100
# Max connections per IP
BLOCKCOUNT=10
# ....
# ..
# default action can be DROP or REJECT
DACTION="DROP"
$IPT -A INPUT -p tcp --dport 80 -i eth0 -m state --state NEW -m recent --set
$IPT -A INPUT -p tcp --dport 80 -i eth0 -m state --state NEW -m recent --update --seconds ${SECONDS} --hitcount ${BLOCKCOUNT} -j ${DACTION}
# ....
# ..

Remember to turn you 3G off.