People would be active and love the server if it has just got 30 slots?

Hello Guys
I'm taking your opinions about something
People would be active and love it if it has just got 30 slots?

Thanks.

Better have an almost full 30 slot server than an almost empty 500 slot server.
IMO having "overslotted" servers is just a sign that the server owner is unexperienced, as hes just wasting money for nothing.

People does not care about slots tbh, people care about the script you use and if they like the script they will stay, I used to have a 50 slots server and people still join, so I think people doesn't really care about slots.

No one cares about slots, you need just script [not stolen ofc] and damain forums I think + nice staff team.

So long as you don't have a ridiculously low number of slots like 10 or so. You should be fine. Players care more about content. But emphasizing on the idea of having more slots on the future with further reinforce the idea that progress is being made and that the community is advancing.

It's not about slots, it's about how unique your server is, does it have cool features, and of course script from scratch.

It's sometimes really sad to see those good new unique servers with great community which have alot of slots and they close the server already in few weeks,because of non-player base. Sucha waste of money tho.

If you bought more slots and spent more money, thats a waste IMO. And who knows how many players you'll get. So if you get 30 slots and you have a memberbase of 50, that's bad, but if you have a 250 slot server and 30 players, that's bad aswell, so get something you think will be good for the first developing months of a server, maybe 50/40 or so. Just my opinion.

In the past, like way back, I thought that 500 slot servers were cooler, but then again, if they had like 30 players max, I thought there should be a reason why it didn't hit the 500 players and that they would fail.

It's indeed a waste if you buy too many slots, unless you have a VPS yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauzen
Посмотреть сообщение
Better have an almost full 30 slot server than an almost empty 500 slot server.
IMO having "overslotted" servers is just a sign that the server owner is unexperienced, as hes just wasting money for nothing.
Well, when you have a VPS, and you want to start a server, you surely don't want to waste the VPS money for choosing let's say 50 slots...

Does that make the person stupid?