libssl.so.6 - MYSQL plugin issue

Hi, I know this had been already posted a several times, but I didn't find the answers helpful (I tried running the command:
Код:
ln -sf /usr/lib/libssl.so.10 /usr/lib/libssl.so.6
but didn't get any response on it in putty though.

The server log:
Код:
[19:46:37] 
[19:46:37] Server Plugins
[19:46:37] --------------
[19:46:37]  Loading plugin: mysql.so
[19:46:37]   Failed (libssl.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)

I would find it very useful if you could tell me what to do and will be very thankful.
Thanks in advance .

EDIT:
after playing around with it for a while, i managed to change the error to:
Код:
Loading plugin: mysql.so
Failed (libmysqlclient_r.so.16: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)

yum install mysql.i386

Try that.. it installs MySQL library dependencies in library folder of MySQL, make sure you check the plugin after you installed that library dependencies-:

ldd libmysqlclient_r.so.16 | grep libmysqlclient

Should return.. -:

libmysqlclient.so.16 => /usr/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.so.16 (may vary)

Learnt this a year go on a site, sharing it with you

Putty only posts a response if the command is invalid, just because you didn't get any response, don't presume that it didn't work. I posted that command on someone else's thread and that worked for him because that command is for 32 bit libs, you're on 64 bit distro, so the command will be :

ln -sf /usr/lib64/libssl.so.10 /usr/lib64/libssl.so.6

Don't just copy commands from someone else's thread and apply, it can seriously break your libs if you're not aware of what you just did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sublime
Посмотреть сообщение
yum install mysql.i386

Try that.. it installs MySQL library dependencies in library folder of MySQL, make sure you check the plugin after you installed that library dependencies-:

ldd libmysqlclient_r.so.16 | grep libmysqlclient

Should return.. -:

libmysqlclient.so.16 => /usr/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.so.16 (may vary)

Learnt this a year go on a site, sharing it with you
No package mysql.i386 available.
:/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark™
Посмотреть сообщение
Putty only posts a response if the command is invalid, just because you didn't get any response, don't presume that it didn't work. I posted that command on someone else's thread and that worked for him because that command is for 32 bit libs, you're on 64 bit distro, so the command will be :

ln -sf /usr/lib64/libssl.so.10 /usr/lib64/libssl.so.6

Don't just copy commands from someone else's thread and apply, it can seriously break your libs if you're not aware of what you just did.
Yeah, it was your post, anyways, tried that command and still no change :/

Reped you both for trying anyways

PS, would you know if it had anything to do with my mysql.inc include, because I didn't update it because of some issue I have with the new version (though I did update the plugin, the first error is with the old plugin (same version as include), the second is with new plugin (newer than include) - actually I tried a lot of stuff, and one of them was updating the plugin, and I know that with the old one it was the first error, and with the new one it's the second error, not really sure if that is the exact thing that changed the error)

EDIT: also updated the include, doesn't change anything