Question about dini and yini

I recently started programming pawn, and now that I'm starting to figure things out I want to use a storage system. I've been using Y_INI, but it's rather confusing to me. Should I learn on Dini then eventually move to Y_INI? Or should I just learn on Y_INI? I don't know if they're the same in anyway and that's why I ask this.

Personally, I've used Y_INI and not so much of dini, because it's rather old, and the YSI library in its whole is in my opinion one of the best if not the best libraries out there.

If you wish to make a .ini based GM, go for Y_INI. Read some tutorials in here, it's really simple and fast to catch the idea behind it.

Now, if eventually, you would like to make a GM with the possibility of a UCP, you will be using MySQL.

I think you should use Dini.

Quote:
Originally Posted by driftg0d
Посмотреть сообщение
Personally, I've used Y_INI and not so much of dini, because it's rather old, and the YSI library in its whole is in my opinion one of the best if not the best libraries out there.

If you wish to make a .ini based GM, go for Y_INI. Read some tutorials in here, it's really simple and fast to catch the idea behind it.

Now, if eventually, you would like to make a GM with the possibility of a UCP, you will be using MySQL.
I tried to learn MySQL long ago, and that confused the shit out of me, more so than Y_INI. But thanks for your response, I'll probably just keep going with Y_INI because it's so much more efficient.

I would suggest you to learn Y_ini or SQL since dini is very slow and not really good to use.
I already had dini, and switching from it to SQLite was really hard but worth it.