Saving stats on server turns off (exit command)

Guys how I can save stats when server turns off by exit rcon command? Using Y_INI

(btw, tried it in OnPlayerDisconnect not work)

If you make a /exit command or something you can call your saving system to save all the players then use SendRconCommand("exit"); to then exit the gamemode

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuartD
Посмотреть сообщение
If you make a /exit command or something you can call your saving system to save all the players then use SendRconCommand("exit"); to then exit the gamemode
That may not work in case if there's many players. "exit" command on RCON is too fast for the INI functions to execute.

While a player disconnects, store their data on temporary variables and then store it to INI files using those variables. That's what I've done before when I used INI file systems.

EDIT : In case if there's too much data, use a timer to execute the function under OnPlayerDisconnect. Ensure that you get the player's name and store it on a temporary variable to execute the file.

hmm okay, and what about if server crashes? THen will be stats saved? or no?

For that, use a timer which gets called at every specified interval. So that it would save the player's data every time the timer gets called.

Yeah, thanks dude I need to put that timer to OnGameModeInit, right?
And wont it cause much cpu use? When I use that timer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riwerry
Посмотреть сообщение
Yeah, thanks dude I need to put that timer to OnGameModeInit, right?
And wont it cause much cpu use? When I use that timer?
When the gamemode starts, create a timer which gets repeated every 2 minutes or 3. And on the timer, loop through all registered players and save their data using INI functions.

About CPU : It will cause in case if you reduce the repeating intervals. An example of it:

pawn Код:
public OnGameModeInit()
{
 SetTimer("SaveAccs", 1000*120, true); //2 minute, repeating timer. I preferred 4-5 mins.
 return 1;
}

forward SaveAccs();
public SaveAccs()
{
 for(new i; i< GetMaxPlayers(); i++)
 {
  if(!IsPlayerConnected(i)) continue;
  if(!IsPlayerLoggedIn(i)) continue;
  SavePlayerStats(i); //The saving function.
 }
 return 1;
}

There is no way (afaik) to save the stats when the server suddenly goes off, however there are ways around it, use a timer that saves the stats every 15 minutes maybe? atleast the damage will be less.
--If you're the one that wants to restart the server, make a command that saves the stats and executes a 7000 ms interval timer, within there is the Rcon exit command.
Starting code:
pawn Код:
CMD:restart(playerid, params[])
{
    //code (saving the stats)
    SetTimer("RestartTimer",7000,0);
    return 1;
}
forward RestartTimer();
public RestartTimer()
{
    SendRconCommand("exit");