Two questions about hosting

Hey all! I got two questions related to hosting companies. Is Volt hosting that bad? I've read all kinds of things about it and so many people say that it sucks. And one more thing. Which hosting companies would you suggest? I'm looking for companies which are not that expensive but still good. Thank you!

It differs from person to person.
Make your own person comparisons from the sites presented here:
https://sampforum.blast.hk/showthread.php?tid=189169

At the end of the day, you're the one purchasing the service. Make sure you get what /you/ want.

Volt-Host is bad with the new owners. I personally wouldnt recommend them to anyone.
Gameservers are bad and webhosting are bad.

When I had my website there, It was down atleast twice a day.
Contacted them many times, each time they said it was fixed and it should be no more issues.
It kept going down every single day...

And about the gameservers, Had alot of troubles with that to.
Server kept going down for no reason, contacted suppport and it took 3 days to get a simple answer.

So I would not use them if I were you. I would recommend KingJ or Smartbytes that its called right now.

Thanks guys. May I ask one more thing? Here on Smartbytes, they say that you get free MySql database with purchasing the server. I'm not pretty sure what that means because I'm using SQLite in my gamemode and database is stored in one file, so how could I get free db?

MySQL is a way of saving data. Now since your script is coded to utilize SQLite instead, a MySQL database is not a necessity; /unless/ you plan on having a web site in which case a MySQL database may be needed to store all your information in there. If you purchase from Smartbytes, you'll still receive a free DB whether you use it or not.

But how are they giving a database when your files are saved in a .db files that you make by yourself?

The database is stored on their own hardware - accessible by you /online/

oh got it. Thank you for helping me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan25
Посмотреть сообщение
oh got it. Thank you for helping me!
My pleasure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan25
Посмотреть сообщение
Hey all! I got two questions related to hosting companies. Is Volt hosting that bad? I've read all kinds of things about it and so many people say that it sucks. And one more thing. Which hosting companies would you suggest? I'm looking for companies which are not that expensive but still good. Thank you!
I have my own server, i would let you put host your gamemode on it but its hosted in south africa, 100 slot. you could also be admin with ur admin team but i have to be admin otherwise i cant let you put ur GM on it.

PM me