Alt Tabbing back into GTA SA / SA-MP

Why does it take me so long to alt tab back into GTA SA?

It takes 3-4 seconds before I'm back in game.

If I click it, a black rectangle in left top side corner appears, then after the time the game loads for me.

It is ever since I installed my new GFX Card, Nvidia 660.

An inexplicable response to the new GPU, perhaps. I doubt there's any solution for it though. I guess you'll have to live with the 3-4 seconds. :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classical
Посмотреть сообщение
An inexplicable response to the new GPU, perhaps. I doubt there's any solution for it though. I guess you'll have to live with the 3-4 seconds. :P
Well, this is a new PC I built a few days ago...

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleSmith
Посмотреть сообщение
Well, this is a new PC I built a few days ago...
This scenario you describe happens for many games, and I'm pretty sure it's not really solvable. What you can do is try installing different DirectX versions to see how they react on that. Make sure you have the latest drivers, and perhaps your GPU has a program that allows you to set specific settings for your graphics driver depending on the game you're playing.

Thank you.

When I installed the PC, I only installed DirectX 11, but I just tried 9 and that made it work.

+rep.

Well.. I don't want to make another thread with that problem, but I am also wondering about this:

I never had this at my PC, but now I am having this on my laptop. Any ideas how to fix it, and it's not caused by my black radar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riddick94
Посмотреть сообщение
it's not caused by my black radar.
What makes you jump to that conclusion?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HB
Посмотреть сообщение
What makes you jump to that conclusion?
I can't believe that I really have to do it.. when I am saying that something is not caused by my radar, then it's not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riddick94
Посмотреть сообщение
I can't believe that I really have to do it.. when I am saying that something is not caused by my radar, then it's not.

You'd be amazed how much people always just answer "Yes, of course" when an IT engineer asks if they connected the power cable. Mostly it actually turns out it wasn't the case. Therefore the common phrase: "pics or it didn't happen" Don't blame me for double checking, I don't know your knowledge about the game and modding it.

I've never seen the issue before, so this is just a shot in the dark: from what I can see you have been editing a game file to add the radar. I would suggest getting an backup of the entire game file (and not just the parts of the radar) if you haven't done so already, perhaps restoring a backup of the original radar has messed some things up.

Does this happen on every server? It might just be an textdraw, too. If it isn't any of these, I'm out of guesses.

This is clean GTA San Andreas. I am saying that it never happend at my PC but it happens at my laptop. Stop thinking about the mods, what can cause the problem, screen size or something else. Not screen resolution because changing it doesn't help.