Realtime De-bugging?

Hello fellow scripters,

So the other day I was messing around trying to fix my bugs in my gamemode where I just kept alt tabbing
from game to script to fix everything but when I thought I was done bug fixing and i restarted my server (after compiling offcourse).
I ran into more bugs... offcourse this is also my fault but I think it would be great if we had real time de-bugging like Notch has with Minecraft :X.
I think this would be a great help for all scripters and it would consume less time since we all not have so much... right?

So is it possible in sa-mp? and what do you guys think about this?

Thank you for reading!

Its possible if someone decided to script it into their gamemode. Or even hook onto functions and display data through an include.

But I think it would be great for us lazy scripters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamer_Z
View Post
Only Kalcor has the .PDB and it's not going to be public (from what I heard/know), so nope, unless you write your mode in another language (C++, .NET, Java?) which does support the ability to do real time debugging it's not going to happen (for example: you can easily debug plugins made with Visual Studio thanks to the awesome debugging system).

ByTheWay PAWN DOES support real time debugging, it's just the official PAWN debugging console doesn't really work that well with sa-mp from my experiences.

Still, if the server itself crashes debugging will return wrong results, because like stated before - there is no PDB (Project Debug Database) for the samp-server.
Hmm well ok, i'd still really like this feature added... maybe in the future!