2 strange things of SA:MP forums

One of them, is the oldest thread that is still "alive".

https://sampforum.blast.hk/showthread.php?tid=4

It's strange how that's the only thread still alive, because there's no other thread with ID 5, 6, 7, 8 or till 100 that I counted that is "alive". All the other threads have been deleted somehow..

__________________________________________________ _________________________________

Second one, is the user that had created the there up there ^, the strange thing is not only that his thread is still alive after all those years, but also, check his registration date. Why would his registration date be like that? Doesen't matter why it is like that, but WHY THAT DATE? What's special on it? Why not 1980 or anything else?

I hope to see some activity in this thread

1) Most threads have been cleared from the forum. As new SA-MP versions are released, older threads get irrelevant, especially since we have a wiki now.

2) January 1, 1970 is when the unix timestamp came into effect - so either the forums got bugged and his join date wasn't set properly, or a staff member explicitly set it to 0.

1) General reference was the most important thread for me when I started scripting. Cant remember though if the wiki wasnt working back then, or simply didnt contain all the information from that thread, but you could find everything in there from color codes to object ids or function snippets. It would have been a shame if this was deleted.

2) 1. January 1970 is the date represented by the unix timestamp 0. As this is the default value for mysql ints, probably his join date database field wasnt imported correctly for some reason. It hasnt always been this vbulletin forum. The same thing can be seen for some post dates. No need to worry. (BTW this is probably the one date that you will see by far the most often when working with databases, wondering why that many people got no clue whats up with it)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauzen
Посмотреть сообщение
1) General reference was the most important thread for me when I started scripting. Cant remember though if the wiki wasnt working back then, or simply didnt contain all the information from that thread, but you could find everything in there from color codes to object ids or function snippets. It would have been a shame if this was deleted.

2) 1. January 1970 is the date represented by the unix timestamp 0. As this is the default value for mysql ints, probably his join date database field wasnt imported correctly for some reason. It hasnt always been this vbulletin forum. The same thing can be seen for some post dates. No need to worry.
Right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SZRGTA
Посмотреть сообщение
Right.
Do not spam please or try to increase your post count.

OT: I didn't know about that Unix thing and sure would like to have more information on it and also would like to have information on 'why' did it have to change our forums database, or not only our forum database, but other websites that uses MySQL.

I've seen that thread with samp resources, but I didn't know that is the oldest thread. That is interesting and also I think that thread will never be deleted.

The registration dates that are displayed as the default Unix time are the ones that were converted from the old SA-MP forum and the dates didn't convert, I believe.

hah. ?

1970 wow...

facepalm