SAMP for Mobile Devices?

Hey guys,

I have a question.
GTA: San Andreas is comming to Mobile Devices, so can you make samp availabe for Mobile Devices? (ios,android,windows phone)

What do you say, guys?

Don't think that's possible.

tbh it will be hard to play the game, I prefer playing with my computer rather than a freaking touch screen..., and if that happens, SAMP dev should create an application for iOS + Android ... to make it, wich will be a pain in the ass..

The game wouldn't be as good on phones, and I would just imagine loads of players connecting via 3G which would make them have like 5000 ping, so you wouldn't be able to RP or DM etc on it at all..

SAMP sucks on mobiles

and mobiles have more bacteria and ultraviolet than laptops

so i suggest to use pc or lapis

Off: Ya samp on mobile will suck hard time lol i can only imagine how it would be i barely can read the words written on a ipad so it would be so much bad on devices with small screen.

On: ya its not that bad idea its a ok idea because my laptop broke and cant use it so its something better than nothing.

SA-MP is made for PC and will stay on PC.

@khanz: So SAMP is comming for Mobile Devices?
When does it Comes for Android?

And rockstar said, i heard it, that you can play with a Controller.
I think, its batter than notthing.
But the chat function is a problem, i think or?

Thanks for your answers.

Yeah, good luck porting the masterlist over to the mobile device. RakNet doesn't work on mobiles either, so basically fucked on both ends.

Somebody could make it, but that would take years on end. You would have to recode EVERYTHING from scratch, including the client, and all SA-MP features from 0.1a to present (0.3x), and finally host the masterlist.

Otherwise, it would seem like a good idea. I've always wanted to play SA-MP on the go!

I think then more players will play samp because more people begin to play with their mobile devices and SAMP could expand. I think the development for mobile devices is not the Problem.

Hope to get this done in the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nisva003
View Post
Off: Ya samp on mobile will suck hard time lol i can only imagine how it would be i barely can read the words written on a ipad so it would be so much bad on devices with small screen.

On: ya its not that bad idea its a ok idea because my laptop broke and cant use it so its something better than nothing.
Kid I hate people like you who use huge texts with shitty colors and most important of all, those who can't speak English properly or something that comes close to it.

edit: I would like a mobile version tho. Not sure of the phone can handle it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by king_hual
Посмотреть сообщение
1. Porting the... masterlist? Every device with access to the internet can simply query the masterlist (which is in plaintext format).

2. RakNet could easily be compiled for Android (which is linux-based) using CYWGIN and NDK.

3. Why would you need to host another masterlist?
I forgot about querying the masterlist.. stupid me! Unfortunately for me, I don't know anything about the masterlist or Android devices!

Erm, well, it would still be a cool idea regardless. Playing GTA on a small ass 3 inch screen would still be a pain in the ass though, especially shooting players!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmet_
Посмотреть сообщение
Yeah, good luck porting the masterlist over to the mobile device. RakNet doesn't work on mobiles either, so basically fucked on both ends.

Somebody could make it, but that would take years on end. You would have to recode EVERYTHING from scratch, including the client, and all SA-MP features from 0.1a to present (0.3x), and finally host the masterlist.

Otherwise, it would seem like a good idea. I've always wanted to play SA-MP on the go!
You're just worried that if they have another tournament thing you'll lose if it involves phones

if you have a necessary reason for play sa-mp from one way mobile
so buy a windows surface pro and be happy

I know someone who's been developing this for a while now but it won't obviously be called samp.

nah they got the single player for mobile but i dont think they gonna make a multiplayer for it, u got pc's thats strugglin to push samp, i doubt a fn will do good, besides u constantly losin connection to cuz the mobile net is prolly slow as hell

I'd rather have them make SA-MP for mac than phones. Would help lots of people that uses mac. I myself use both PC and Mac

IF WE PLAY SAMP ON ANDROID DEVICES THAN "Kills = 0.1 and Deaths = 100000000000000".

I dont think so it will be nice.

I'm not sure why everyone seems to be hating on the idea of SA-MP on mobile devices. Unless you're stuck using a shitty 3" Apple screen... I have an Ouya and cannot wait for it to come out as it's going to have controller support, not only that but I play GTA III And Vice City on my Galaxy S3 all the time. It's perfectly fine, especially with 4G almost everywhere now.

SA-MP should first improve completely on PC's before going to mobile.
Mobile is too addictive. Once you start you forget that you even had a PC or laptop.