MYSQL Access Denied with right user and pass

my mysql denies the connection on localhost, im positive I've got the correct password and the account can access the database, i've tested in phpmyadmin.

Anyone know what can cause this?

Code:
Tue Dec 03 18:34:01 2013]      Logging Started
[Tue Dec 03 18:34:01 2013] -------------------------
[Tue Dec 03 18:34:01 2013] Function: mysql_init executed with result: "0".
[Tue Dec 03 18:34:01 2013] Error (0): Failed to connect. Access denied for user 'USER@'localhost' (using password: YES).
[Tue Dec 03 18:34:01 2013] Error (0): Function: mysql_query called when not connected to any database. Access denied for user 'USER'@'localhost' (using password: YES).

NOTE: If I tried ROOT with pasword "" it denied access USING PASSWORD(YES)...I dunno how tf that happens lol

Got Teamviewer matt? if not maybe skype i can help out!

PM me please :P

Couldnt figure out, this is really starting to piss me off D:

sorry for the triple fucking post, but My password is returning "null" when there is no pass entered.

try to do it as root
not a user but root

I can try to help you through teamviewer if you want.
Just give me a PM with your contact information

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattakil
View Post
my mysql denies the connection on localhost, im positive I've got the correct password and the account can access the database, i've tested in phpmyadmin.

Anyone know what can cause this?

Code:
Tue Dec 03 18:34:01 2013]      Logging Started
[Tue Dec 03 18:34:01 2013] -------------------------
[Tue Dec 03 18:34:01 2013] Function: mysql_init executed with result: "0".
[Tue Dec 03 18:34:01 2013] Error (0): Failed to connect. Access denied for user 'USER@'localhost' (using password: YES).
[Tue Dec 03 18:34:01 2013] Error (0): Function: mysql_query called when not connected to any database. Access denied for user 'USER'@'localhost' (using password: YES).
You need to allow connections from the server IP, to do this in easiest way, if you are root admin in phpmyadmin, go on add users > "USER" > choose: allow connections from any host, enter your password also and click on check all the privileges. Check again for these details in your script, restart the server and it should work.

I tried as root, stated it, and its on a localhost...so the IP is the same as the sql server, I also did config it to localhost as well as trying to allow from ALL.