Zombie Server - Based on 'Rust'

(This is no advertisement)

Hello, I am currently making a zombie server based on the game 'rust'.
Basically what I am brining over on the server are the survival matters.
For instance:
  • -Cutting Wood
  • -Mining stones
  • -Building your own house
  • -Creating chests
  • -Custom Map
  • -Finding receips to craft new items (Such as: M4,MP5,...,Bullets,Larger Chests, doors, C4, Bandage etc.
  • -Deers and Cows around the map which can be killed to get meat and cloth from.
  • -Much more obviously
Now that I am really looking forward myself to see this server comming public with most of the features included, I would still appreciate to see some feedback from other people.
I've had my own sa-mp dayz server running some long time ago myself, which packed out pretty good.
But now as time passed my scripting skills have improved quiet much and I see myself being capable of making a bigger server with much more potential.
Also I am wondering what others people thoughts are of things to be implented in a realism zombie apocalypse gamemode.

Here's a video of the proces I had made already (This video was made the same day I started scripting the server, so it's just a small piece of what's comming, the map will obviously be extended massively).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdGveA727ok

Seems legit, man. keep it up.

I'm certainly worried about issues in the zombie NPCs. Most of the times, the NPCs spawn randomly out of nowhere and then comes to attack the player. Maybe pre-spawned zombies is even better to evade by.

Second thing, when the NPC hits a player, even though it comes close and hits the player but not close enough, the damage is still applied to the player.

Plus, getting recipes to make huge guns doesn't make sense at all. Either you can make small guns out of recipes, or search for powerful ones in deserted army outposts.

Thirdly and final, zombie survival is an act of co-ordination, teamwork and friendship. I don't want your server to be like "ooh some guys there lez kill him". That's just not right. Maybe if you could add no player shooting, that would be cool

Other than that, I see that you are combining the likes of Minecraft into zombie-verse, good luck!

Absolutely interested. Amused that it has its own map. Hope you take it off!

set a few random spawns for the npcs away from the human territory

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReApZ
View Post
set a few random spawns for the npcs away from the human territory
This.

Seems Nice, Good luck with it

I think the script will be really nice. Good luck, bro!

You have a lot of good ideas but it feels like your not taking in account any realistic goals there is really a lot of work that needs to be done besides what you are showing. I think it's fine that you post a couple of video's of what you have going on but lets get to the point relishing in the moment of a small success isn't going to complete your server.

Here is what I would be asking myself.

1.) How is my script designed? Do I have a modular approach or all the code jammed into a single .pwn file?
2.) What systems am I going to use to aid development?
3.) How can I avoid using dialogs? What kinds of textdraws do I need?
4.) How much time do I have to work on this project?
5.) Based on how much time you have how long will it take?
6.) Sure you can make all sorts of systems but there is a big difference between testing with 2 players and what happens when you 50 players
7.) Are my goals realistic?

It just feels very naked to me right now and I just don't get the sense of any sort of planning. The guys that post video's and show off their work at the moment tend to only last a moment it happens time and time again so I don't really have confidence you really would have had to substantiate a lot more than this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinnater
View Post
I've had my own sa-mp dayz server running some long time ago myself, which packed out pretty good.
Just remember there is a big difference between creating/running your own server than using Kitten's script

Quote:
Originally Posted by boomerboom
View Post
This.
No, I'm pretty sure every needs to spawn in the same place!

Anyway, the idea is awesome!

Funny i went to sleep with this idea last night after watching *******, but forgot it :c
(Does this happen to anyone else?)