Completely new to scripting

I need to know where and what to start with (I know there are tutorials). I plan on doing mainly RP scripts probably between medium and heavy.

The advice I always give to new people is to check the standard PAWN docs, tutorials on some basic things, and to check and edit some released scripts here on the forum. That's how I got to know most of the things I know.
If you think you've got the basics, open a new PAWN document and start trying some things you learned. By doing that you'll learn while coding your own things.

( The PAWN docs are pretty boring, but they'll really help )

I personally looked at existing scripts. I dived into my own script head first, starting with basic SendClientMessages, I began to learn more and more and I find the more you know, the easier it is to learn more.

So, good luck.

Because pawn is pretty easy to understand you only need to know the basics of this language

Just read these and you should be able to understand the basic gamemodes who came with the server package
1. Scripting Basics
2. PAWN for beginners
3. Making a basic deathmatch

If you get errors or warnings you can read tham up in pawn-lang.pdf ( starting at page 148 )

Also read the wiki page about debugging, you will need it if the code compiles but doesn't do what you intended

If you know the basics you just need to read the function name, they are self-explanatory otherwise use the wiki

New to scripting, yet wants to start with the most difficult scripts. Don't run before you can walk.

1- RP scripts is the most Difficult gamemodes
2- you can start by reading and the basic tut's
3- go edit some gamemodes like ZGaming [Started by it ] , god father ,ravans ... etc
4- Click New in pawn and start !
5- Good Luck
6- Ineed 1 rep to AD my server give me it

Be careful what you're saying guys, pawn is not easy to understand, the SA-MP scripting side of pawn is though. There's many more possibilities than just SA-MP scripting on pawn, and they stretch to a wider audience too.

I downloaded scripts people had released and changed the most basic things like the odd line or two, then I went on to rewriting commands from scratch, then went onto making new commands and functions, then finally started to have an understanding of creating a whole GM from scratch. After around 3 months of learning basic .ini, I started using MySQL which is a completely different life-lesson in my opinion, don't worry about that right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanishHaq
Посмотреть сообщение
Be careful what you're saying guys, pawn is not easy to understand, the SA-MP scripting side of pawn is though. There's many more possibilities than just SA-MP scripting on pawn, and they stretch to a wider audience too.

I downloaded scripts people had released and changed the most basic things like the odd line or two, then I went on to rewriting commands from scratch, then went onto making new commands and functions, then finally started to have an understanding of creating a whole GM from scratch. After around 3 months of learning basic .ini, I started using MySQL which is a completely different life-lesson in my opinion, don't worry about that right now.
yes you are right .. its hard but starting by editing some released gamemodes is better of tut's
..... try edit some gamemodes after read the basic tut

Well I learned from checking other scripts, gamemodes, filterscripts .. samp wiki, than I tried to start my first script so I was making teams and team colors and so on.. try it