[CentOS 6] libmysqlclient_r.so.16 error

Hi there,
I tried to run a SA-MP server off my VPS which is currently running on CentOS 6 x86_64 which resulted in the following error.
Quote:

Failed (libmysqlclient_r.so.16: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)

I am using BlueG's MySQL plugin (r20).
I have all the MySQL databases and such things set up and ready for action.
I tried placing the libmysqclient.so.15 in the SA-MP server's main directory but it ended in vain.
I tried rename the libmysqclient.so.15 to libmysqclient_r.so.16 but it was of no use.

When I tried to rename the libmysqlclient.so.15 file which I copied to /usr/lib to libmysqlcient_r.16 I got the following error.
Quote:

Failed (/usr/lib/libmysqlclient_r.so.16: version `libmysqlclient_16' not found (required by plugins/mysql.so))

Help is appreciated.

Try to install mysql-devel or use a static version of MySQL plugin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sublime
View Post
Try to install mysql-devel or use a static version of MySQL plugin
How exactly do I use a static version of the MySQL plugin? I'm using BlueG's MySQL r20 by the way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norrin
View Post
How exactly do I use a static version of the MySQL plugin? I'm using BlueG's MySQL r20 by the way.
http://files.mellnik.com/SAMP/mysql/...ysql_static.so

Replace mysql.so with that and edit server.cfg to run the static plugin. Just keep the mysql.so plugin there, Incase the static fails too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sublime
View Post
http://files.mellnik.com/SAMP/mysql/...ysql_static.so

Replace mysql.so with that and edit server.cfg to run the static plugin. Just keep the mysql.so plugin there, Incase the static fails too.
I'd assume the static version worked for me. But it lead into yet another error.

server-log.txt
Quote:

[09:53:31] Loading plugin: mysql_static.so
[09:53:31] plugin.mysql: R20 successfully loaded.
[09:53:31] Loaded.

-edited-

[09:53:32] function 'mysql_debug' is deprecated, use 'mysql_log' instead.
[09:53:32] [MySQL]: Attempting to make a connection to localhost with username root and password *** to database wasteland through port 3306.
[09:53:32] [MySQL Error]: The script was unable to connect to the MySQL server, please check whether if the credentials are correct.

MySQL logs
Quote:

[09:53:32] [WARNING] 'mysql_debug' is deprecated, use 'mysql_log' instead.
[09:53:32] [DEBUG] >> mysql_connect(localhost, root, wasteland, ***) on port 3306
[09:53:32] [DEBUG] CMySQLHandler::CMySQLHandler() - constructor called.
[09:53:32] [DEBUG] CMySQLHandler::CMySQLHandler() - Connecting to "localhost" | DB: "wasteland" | Username: "root"...
[09:53:32] [ERROR] CMySQLHandler::Connect() - Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/tmp/mysql.sock' (2) (error ID: 2002).
[09:53:32] [DEBUG] >> mysql_ping(Connection handle: 1)
[09:53:32] [ERROR] CMySQLHandler::Ping() - You cannot call this function now (connection is dead).
[09:53:32] [DEBUG] >> mysql_query_callback(Connection handle: 1)
[09:53:32] [DEBUG] >> mysql_close(Connection handle: 1)
[09:53:32] [DEBUG] CMySQLHandler::~CMySQLHandler() - deconstructor called.
[09:53:32] [ERROR] CMySQLHandler::FreeResult() - There is nothing to free (connection is dead).
[09:53:32] [ERROR] CMySQLHandler:isconnect() - You cannot call this function now (connection is dead).
[09:53:32] [DEBUG] Unloading Plugin

I'm pretty sure the credentials are correct.

Edit: I fixed it.
How did I do it?

1.) ln -s /var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock /tmp/mysql.sock
2.) Restart the MySQL