Where shall I begin from?

Greetings,

My name is Crucial and I am quite new to these forums although I have been playing San Andreas: Multiplayer for the past couple of years, i've been in love with roleplaying ever since I joined and lately I have found myself going through programming manuals and I am currently interested in learning the Pawn language and begin scripting my ideas into an actual script as a hobby project. I don't know where to start learning from and I would need some directions, I researched a little bit and found out that going through the Wiki would be the perfect decesion but I need some opinions on where to start from, here is how I thought doing it:

Learning the C programming language [Using learn-c.org] --> Learning the Pawn programming language [Using the .pdf manual by Compuphase] --> Learning SA-MP scripting in Pawn [Using the wiki] and experiencing myself and learning through basic gamemodes which are downloadable in the forums.

Anyone has suggestions on how I should learn it?

Welcome to the forums!

If you want to start off with PAWN scripting, read pawn-lang.pdf (click) and start off from there.

Welcome.

Check out the scripting theards so you can learn alot.

One thing to not do is edit a RP gamemode like everyone else fails to do. One good way is to find some simple gamemodes or filterscripts and edit them slightly, search for some stuff on the Wiki and add/edit it to the gamemode. Most importantly read what the tutorials/comments say about the code and understand exactly what it's doing before you edit it.

Some sources:
Tutorial board
Useful gamemodes
Basic Deathmatch
Basic Freeroam

Hello.
I think this will help you
You can get there by clicking me.

Set a goal for a first script and go for it, no matter how hard it is or how long it takes. After you're done, check for mistakes and learn from them. Keep going like that, maybe make a small gamemode. It's a great way to start off with scripting.

I'd recommend to start with learnign PAWN, instead of C. C, when done the right way, can be much, much more complicated than PAWN is. PAWN is a relatively easy language to learn.

Noone can master PAWN completely or even close like ****** once stated in his signature by saying that he knew 1% percent of the whole PAWN Language. Therefore PAWN is used to create SAMP Servers here. Learn what is required for you. Lets say you wanted to know how to make a registration system in a game mode? So yea there are tutorials on that with different saving methods such as: Y_ini ,dini, djson , SQLite, MySQL, etc.

It's very difficult start learning C with SA:MP. I'll say more - it's impossible for beginner. On the contrary, you can create your first program on PAWN right now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by [Twixx]
Посмотреть сообщение
Set a goal for a first script and go for it, no matter how hard it is or how long it takes. After you're done, check for mistakes and learn from them. Keep going like that, maybe make a small gamemode. It's a great way to start off with scripting.
This is the best I think.