[Tutorial] PAWNO Keybinds + Tips

PAWNO Keybinds and Tips

If you're 99% of the SA:MP scripting community, then you will be using PAWNO to do most of your scripting.
And if you're like me, you wont know about 75% of PAWNO's keybinds or other 'hidden' things.

If i missed anything, please send me a message with whatever it is.

Useful Keybinds

This is a list of useful kerybinds that will make your life A LOT easier! Alot of the keybinds you will know from text editors, or just from overall knowledge.:

Basics:

You better know these 4....

CTRL + C = Copy selected text..
CTRL + P = Paste the text you selected from your clipboard
CTRL + X = Cut out text
CTRL + Z = Reverse back something you edited

CTRL + S = Save your current .pwn file(Does NOT compile!)
CTRL + N = Creates a new .pwn file. It creates the new.pwn file from the pawno directory.
CTRL + O = Enables you to open a new file
CTRL + SHIFT + (1-9 on keypad) = Mark lines (You're able to find these with CTRL + (Number you marked)
CTRL + F = Find specific text in your code
CTRL + G = Go to a specific line in your code
CTRL + Y = Delete a whole line
CTRL + H = Enables you to replace text(VERY useful!)
TAB = Makes perfect indentation(Instead of using space, this is mentioned in Tutorial 1 below)
SHIFT + TAB = Exact opposite of TAB

More Keybinds

F5 = Starts the compiler
F6 = Run/Compile
INSERT = Makes your Cursor weird(Not really useful)

Tips for using PAWNO

Tutorial 1: Indentation

(Anyone with any programming experience should know this one)

To get perfect Indentation(So you don't get warnings about it) use the TAB key on your keyboard. This will make nice, clean, and warning free code!

Tutorial 2: Commenting

If you've used Visual Studio, or any other IDE, you will know how much of a pain in the ass reading other people's code if they haven't commented it! And if you're working in a Development team, you want peace!

Example 1: Single line commenting

Код:
This is a line that will cause error, since you're not commenting it.
//This is a line that will not get put through the compiler, due to PAWNO recognizing the '//' and understands //that it's a comment. This will only work for 1 line, and it makes the text green and easy to see.
Example 2: Commenting lots of lines

Код:
This is a line that will cause error, since you're not commenting it.
/*This is a Several Line Comment, you can use /* to  start if off, and */ to end it. You can use this for unlimited lines. Like this:
*/

If you have more tips or keybinds, please tell me so I can add them.
Have fun, and I hope I could make your life a bit easier with this thread. Thank you for reading,

~Excelize

I don't think this is "at least 75%". For example there is the combination CTRL-Shift-1 through CTRL-Shift-9 to mark a line. This line can then easily be found by pressing CTRL-1 through CTRL-9. And then there's of course my favorite CTRL-H.

CTRL + SPACE Too man this is the best combination

F6 is Compile/Run not save as :/
Ctrl+g
ctrl+y
shift+tab inverse of tab

Thanks for the fixes, I was running a blank script to test the keybinds, so Save As came up for me Instead of Run

Thanks all, fixed now.

How can i download tutorial.txt?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlAl
Посмотреть сообщение
How can i download tutorial.txt?
This doesn't include a file... If you mean the server package by the SA:MP team, go to the mail site

Good tutorial, will keep those lines location key binds in mind next time I open pawno.exe, however I installed pawn on notepad++ and will probably keep going that way. :P