Volt Host

Quote:
Originally Posted by lessik
View Post
I am really sorry for you guys as I know what that downtime means to you (I had owned several SA:MP servers back in time).
I had been told by my CEO that he's planning to move to new panel in about 14 days (I barely believe this though).
Anyways, Here is a message from Dominic regarding latest downtime:

If you are in a really desperate situation try emailing me at "aleksei@serverminds.com", maybe I'll be able to resolve your issues by skype.
8 November and Amsterdam off 3 Days Now And u Said Only 1 day Will be Off and no Support Now What Do u Think About This Guys

I'm waiting still too :/

My opinion, never use Volt-Host again.

$0,25 per slot is totally not worth it! Especially since Volt had been acquired by serverminds.com.
$0,25 itself is too much for such a low consuming process. Not to talk about their awesome uptime... and the way they treat their clients. No official announce on downtime, waiting weeks for a useless ticket reply, no nothing. Why are you still with them?

Just get a service from another trusted provider (KingJ seems reasonable), or purchase dedi/VPS if you are experienced working with a cmd line.

Theres planty of other hosts that are good, I am also planning on making my own hosting company, it will be hosting samp servers only so more support and focus on it, as I mentioned before use another host an find the best one that will fit your needs

im facing the same issue. with them only cause of the extensive features offered by them for controlling the server (control panel and related stuff, including direct donation link for thevolt host acccount = no paypal hassles).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironboy500[TW]
View Post
My opinion, never use Volt-Host again.

$0,25 per slot is totally not worth it! Especially since Volt had been acquired by serverminds.com.
$0,25 itself is too much for such a low consuming process. Not to talk about their awesome uptime... and the way they treat their clients. No official announce on downtime, waiting weeks for a useless ticket reply, no nothing. Why are you still with them?

Just get a service from another trusted provider (KingJ seems reasonable), or purchase dedi/VPS if you are experienced working with a cmd line.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayDcosta
View Post
im facing the same issue. with them only cause of the extensive features offered by them for controlling the server (control panel and related stuff, including direct donation link for thevolt host acccount = no paypal hassles).

Quote:
Originally Posted by willzyyy
View Post
Had a laugh over that meme. Made even one myself.

Anyways, I would be really happy to help you if I would be able to. I keep asking my CEO each day about it and I get nearly the same response which you get from me ("I am working on it").
I bet I could give people who need it free server in another location for the time it's down. Otherwise, you should just wait until we move to new panel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lessik
View Post
Had a laugh over that meme. Made even one myself.

Anyways, I would be really happy to help you if I would be able to. I keep asking my CEO each day about it and I get nearly the same response which you get from me ("I am working on it").
I bet I could give people who need it free server in another location for the time it's down. Otherwise, you should just wait until we move to new panel.
You are Volt-Host representative and you are making fun out of a company you work at? What's the point?
And it seems like your CEO doesn't care much and is not very professional.

post this in the old topic?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironboy500[TW]
View Post
You are Volt-Host representative and you are making fun out of a company you work at? What's the point?
And it seems like your CEO doesn't care much and is not very professional.
He knows nothing about the host, is only there to tell us lies which his CEO says to him.

I ordered a server from KingJ and never going back to Volt. I wish I could somehow have my data from Volt back while it's down. I have emailed Dominic but I believe this guy is unprofessional enough to take care of anything else than his own ass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakku
View Post
I ordered a server from KingJ and never going back to Volt. I wish I could somehow have my data from Volt back while it's down. I have emailed Dominic but I believe this guy is unprofessional enough to take care of anything else than his own ass.
Good choice. I also don't get why the price is 0.25$/slot, when there are much better quality hosts for a cheaper price.

Volt host is finish now, they should pack-up now. Worst host.

Volt was sold to some other company so posting anything here isn't going to help you.

Meanwhile posting a message here I got a nice PM, just wanting to share it because it was funny imo. My reply in the bottom.

Click for bigger

OT: There must be a way for us to retrieve the files from Volt back, I believe the node is never getting back up. Aleksei, if you are reading this, is there anything you could do for these desperate customers including me? We're really disappointed

"[Volt Host Updates]

1. When will the new website and panel be online for the public?

The new website and control panel will be available to the public in approximately one week, our current planning is to have it online next weekend.

We are working diligently on this, I am well aware there has been delays in the release and as you can understand we don't want to deploy it if it isn’t ready for public usage. The new control panel will offer our clients management of their game server, without having to wonder if it will work.

2. Now Volt Host has been sold, can I still trust them?

Trust is a big word with a big meaning and comes a long way; although it needs to be earned.
Adding to that, back in 2010 we took Serverminds and turned the failing company around to be the successful company it is today. We are dedicated in bring Volt Host back to life and we will succeed. I am confident in my team that we can deliver what we aim to achieve.

3. What is going to happen with the downtime I keep receiving on my web hosting?

Over the past few weeks we have been working on fixing the issue and have put new servers in place and are standing by to replace the existing infrastructure. Web Hosting clients will be migrated after the launch of our new website and control panel.

4. What are the plans for Volt Host within the next few months?

We have long term goals and short term goals, currently the main goal is to resolve all issues which begins with migrating to a new billing and control system. After resolving issues that our current clients are faced with, we will then focus on a wide array of new services. Which include: Adjusted Webhosting Plans (with DDOS Protection), Domain Management, Cloud VPS’s and Dedicated Servers along with the long awaited VOIP Services (Mumble and TeamSpeak) and other game titles.

5. I've had a bad experience in the past with Volt Host, I don't feel I can trust you any more, why should I?

Ask that question again in two weeks to our clients, they will you why you should.

6. I cannot see the Pingdom on the website, I can't see if my server is offline. Why not?

Pingdom has been taken offline due to a constant flood of DDOS attacks aimed on various infrastructure that was listed on Pingdom. After looking closely into attacks and our Pingdom monitor we noticed that a pattern occurred when the Pingdom was online. We took down the Pingdom down and noticed the attacks reduced significantly. The new control panel will contain a “protected” status page available to clients.

7. Nobody updates the customers on what is happening? Why not? It helps to keep the customers involved as at least then I know what is happening.

I would like to acknowledge that we have kept customers in the dark in regards to issues. The main reason is that our current system lacks a method of reaching out to our existing clients in an easy manner. As stated above we plan to have our new panel launched within the next week or two which will resolve the lack of communication with our clients. We will be hiring additional staff to shorten response times in the near future and improve the answers given by our staff.

Lastly:

I would like to thank all clients of Volt Host for their immense patience with us during the recent weeks and that I am well aware of the dissatisfaction that you feel. Please rest assure as you will all be credited generously for the inconvenience that we have caused to you.

I would like to request a little more patience to allow us to migrate to the new panel and solve any teething issues that we may face.

To all the people who have emailed me their CV’s, I will be looking into them after the migration process is finished and get back to you.

Thank you for your time,

Dominic Hakke

Volt Host CEO"

Dominic what about Amsterdam SA:MP servers when they will be online? I'll lose all players :/

volt host is dead. used them since 2009. They have lost all sense of professionalism.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ***Niko***
View Post
Dominic what about Amsterdam SA:MP servers when they will be online? I'll lose all players :/
"We are still working on resolving issues on the Amsterdam node, there is no definitive ETA as of now but we are in the process of setting up a secondary location as a backup/emergency fix."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Th3_P4dr1n0
View Post
He knows nothing about the host, is only there to tell us lies which his CEO says to him.
I do know pretty much enough. But let me put question this way, Would you give some person password to your PayPal account? I bet not. And that is what is with me. I can't access some certain services Dominic has access to so I must ask him everytime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ***Niko***
View Post
We'll launch those servers after move to new panel and billing system as said. That'll happen on next weekend.

Little explaination to other users,
You'll receive credit for all your services that suffered downtime including Hosted tabs, gameservers, VPS', webhosting. After move to new billing system we'll also open up community forums for Volt Host (which we have ready already). You'll be also able to file up another ticket to receive credit for downtime which will be calculated for each customer personally.

Edit: Not to bump another topic:
We do have too many tickets and most of your questions had been already answered. That's why we do not reply to some of them. We're unable to get your data from offline nodes at this moment.