Flame me for this ridiculous question

So right now I am in my 12th grade and am looking forward to studying abroad. I'm taking my SAT in December and was going through a post on College Confidential regarding ECs of a student in an application. So what I read is this:
Код:
Colleges want students who are involved in things; this indicates the capacity to contribute to their campuses in a not-necessarily-academic way. What those things are is not especially important.
I used to own a server, script and administrate it myself and take user feedback etc. Does this count as an EC since it covers the things you learn over a timespan (learning as in how not to code like a noob, learning new languages like MySQL and HTML CSS PHP for the sole purpose of SA-MP) and also interaction with different people (Recruiting new staff, user feedback etc)?

Don't mix SA-MP with real life.

PHP, HTML and much more programming codes can help your college what-not, why not just contact the college's help phone, and see what they turn out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sublime
Посмотреть сообщение
Don't mix SA-MP with real life.

PHP, HTML and much more programming codes can help your college what-not, why not just contact the college's help phone, and see what they turn out.
Ok let me just put it this way. Does game server management count as an EC? (Basically you will have to do a bit of learning for whatever you do. Isnt recruiting staff and telling them what do to etc a leadership kind of thing?)

Do colleges own game servers? You rock on trolling.

Maybe you can just go help out by doing part time lectures..

Quote:
Originally Posted by eesh
Посмотреть сообщение
Ok let me just put it this way. Does game server management count as an EC? (Basically you will have to do a bit of learning for whatever you do. Isnt recruiting staff and telling them what do to etc a leadership kind of thing?)

You must be trolling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sublime
Посмотреть сообщение
Do colleges own game servers? You rock on trolling.

Maybe you can just go help out by doing part time lectures..
I knew I'd get such a response. But the reason I asked was because of what I read (the quoted text in OP). "Anything a student does outside school besides homework = EC. College look for a students involvement.."

EDIT: I am yet to join a college BTW.

It could be a small footnote under 'hobbies'. but nothing more.
They are looking for real-world things such as organising or helping to run groups, clubs or events. Working in and for the community etc. 'indicates the capacity to contribute to their campuses' is the key here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Si|ent
Посмотреть сообщение
It could be a small footnote under 'hobbies'. but nothing more.
They are looking for real-world things such as organising or helping to run groups, clubs or events. Working in and for the community etc. 'indicates the capacity to contribute to their campuses' is the key here.
Basically I am passionate about tech stuff So an EC thought would actually support it would be nice. I thought since management of staff would count as organising and learning those languages would express my passion

Well the answers seems to be a NO. So thanks for sparing your time for me

When I applied for my studies (Communication & Multimedia Design - HTML, CSS, Photoshop, Premiere etc.) I showed them a piece of pretty complex PAWN code on my intake conversation, and they just nodded and didn't really show any more interest. I guess what Si|ent says is right, it'll probably count as a hobby, not more than that.
I don't think colleges take gaming and stuff too serious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rzzr
Посмотреть сообщение
When I applied for my studies (Communication & Multimedia Design - HTML, CSS, Photoshop, Premiere etc.) I showed them a piece of pretty complex PAWN code on my intake conversation, and they just nodded and didn't really show any more interest. I guess what Si|ent says is right, it'll probably count as a hobby, not more than that.
I don't think colleges take gaming and stuff too serious
That was a valuable input thanks!