Error connecting to database. [SQL]

Hi,
I have been using a UCP for SA:MP which involves a news.php and several other files which require a mySQL database details to be entered. These files worked before with the exact same host I am using now, I have been in touch with the host and they said that everything is fine on their end and they confirmed that the details I was entering are correct. The following is just one of the files that is causing a problem(any file which involves connecting to database has the exact same error message apart from the location and file name of course)

Error:
Код:
Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Can't connect to MySQL server on 'X' (4) in /home/XXXXX/public_html/samp/news.php on line 2
Error connecting to database!
File:
Код:
<?php
$con = mysql_connect("X","XX","XXX");
if(!$con) die("Error connecting to database!");
$con = mysql_select_db("XXXX");
if(!$con) die("Error selecting database!");
$string = "SELECT * FROM `news` ORDER BY `ID` DESC";
$result = mysql_query($string); 
if(!$result)
{
	echo "Error reading news from MYSQL!";
	exit;
}
echo '<center><table width="80%"><tr><td>';
while($news = mysql_fetch_array($result,MYSQL_ASSOC))
{ 
   echo '<center><br><br><br><span style="color:white"><strong><font size="5">'.$news['Title'].'</font></strong><br><br>'.$news['Text'].'</span></center><span style="color:white"><br><p align="right"><i>by '.$news['Admin'].' at '.$news['Time'].'</i></p></span><br>'; 
} 
	echo "</td></tr></table></center>";
?>
Note: XXX = Information which I have hidden.
Note: The problem is definetely in the file as I tried the same file on a different SQL database on a different host, same problem
Note: The SA:MP server can connect to the SQL database just fine, this web server files is the only issue.

IS that server in localhost or what?

Hosted by Vortex Servers.

is on the same machine as php server?

Quote:
Originally Posted by iJumbo
Посмотреть сообщение
is on the same machine as php server?
No, I don't think so. I bought two seperate services - Web Hosting and Gameserver. I had done this before aswell on Vortex Servers.

so maybe ask for your mysql provider if allows mysql on external connections

Quote:
Originally Posted by iJumbo
Посмотреть сообщение
so maybe ask for your mysql provider if allows mysql on external connections
They said that everything on their end is fine, I explained to them what I wanted to do and they said that their systems are fine, it is the script that is not allowing it.

Turns out they don't allow it.