Attaching trailers to regular vehicles.

I'm currently trying to make a filterscript where on command, if you are near a specific trailer, that trailer will be attached to the current vehicle being driven(Unless it's a bike/plane etc). I've been reading up on Wiki, and can't seem to figure any of it out as it's a new function to me. If someone could explain, or give me an example on how this works, i'd appreciate it.

An example of what the outcome i'm working for is:
You are driving a yosemite or Rancher, and type /hookuptrailer, and you are within a certain radius of a utility trailer, that utility trailer will be towed behind the yosemite/rancher just like it would on a Utility truck. I've seen it before on other servers, and figured i'd make an attempt at it myself, but i'm becoming frustrated so i'm requesting some help.

Any information on the function, or even someone to provide me with a filterscript that has this, would be appreciated.
If you by chance give me a completed filterscript which does this, keep in mind I will be editing it and such to learn how the function works.

PS: Please don't give me links to Wiki, i've already read plenty of it, and none of it's helping me understand this function. Also note i'm working on this for a strict roleplay server, so i don't want the thing spawning out of nowhere.

EDIT: Disregard this post, i've managed to get a small bit working! I've got the vehicles attaching together, i've just got to finish the script to have them detach and such. I think i understand it somewhat now.