Disk drive broken ones upgrading to windows 8!

hello.

i upgraded from windows 7 to windows 8 and now my disk driver will not run any disks or games or anything.
it still works but just makes funny sounds anyone what can be the issue.

it did work perfect on windows 7 ones i upgraded to windows 8 started to make werid funny sounds to my disk drive when putting in a disk.

also if you going to say anything bad i rather not have you posting

Why would anyone upgrade from win 7 to 8? Thats like upgrading XP to vista.
As it seems win 8 doesnt support that drive for whatever reason, possibly bad generic drivers. Is it SATA or still IDE? Also try to find out the exact model, then check their homepage for any win 8 drivers. If there are none, you can also try the win 7 version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauzen
Посмотреть сообщение
As it seems win 8 doesnt support that drive for whatever reason, possibly bad generic drivers. Is it SATA or still IDE? Also try to find out the exact model, then check their homepage for any win 8 drivers. If there are none, you can also try the win 7 version.
well many upgrade to windows 8 so theres no need why would anyone!
its a SATA but thanks for the info anyways ill check on there website.

did you install the drivers for the ROM-Drive ?

Upgrading to Windows 8 would not cause the drive to behave erratically and start making funny sounds. Are you sure this isn't just a hardware issue?

My computer is from 2009, i have a SATA II HDD with 320GB @ 5200RPM.

I've upgraded from windows 7 to windows 8, and it works perfectly, no issues at all.
I have bad sectors, but what, it is almost impossible to avoid them, however these just took around 10GB of my HDD[I'm checking weekly for bad sectors on it]

If your HDD is making sounds... I guess it is almost dieing.

It cannot be from windows 8, since windows 8 uses the base of windows 7.[If I'm not mistaken]

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
Windows 8 is simply better than 7, there's no way going around that. the UI works fine for all devices, and once you get used to it, its easier to find things and organize them. W8 is faster than 7, and it has better security.

I personally had no problems with vista, it worked fine for me and looked better than XP...so that's why you should upgrade.

Also, dont judge a book by its cover and dont bash it until you tried it.

OT:The drive is going bad, W8 would support it just like W7.

no seriously now i have upgraded its making so much sounds i ****** it and few ppl at the same issue as me i probz fix it or just throw a new one in my computer.

also i did not uninstall windows 7 then put on windows 8 i just upgraded

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kikito
Посмотреть сообщение
cannot be from windows 8, since windows 8 uses the base of windows 7.[If I'm not mistaken]
True mate

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
Vista is the worst OS of Windows, not Windows 8 or Windows 8.1 :3 It's faster, better and more stable with more features.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camacorn
Посмотреть сообщение
Upgrading to Windows 8 would not cause the drive to behave erratically and start making funny sounds. Are you sure this isn't just a hardware issue?
I should be a hardware issue. Sofware can't damage hardware ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael@Belgium
Посмотреть сообщение
I should be a hardware issue. Sofware can't damage hardware ...
Yes it can...For example, it can remove/delete config files to make the drive unusable. Like that virus that literally destroys your hard drive.