Resetting server in VPS

How do you reset your own server in vps console without closing it?

what do you mean? U have to close the server to restart it ofc....

Quote:
Originally Posted by iJumbo
Посмотреть сообщение
How do you reset your own server in vps console without closing it?
Let me show you a process

if server is on > processes running under it are on (if you turn it on) > sub-processes turn on (depending if the processor needs it to be on, or user turns it on)

if server is off > everything which runs under it is off > no processes/sub-processes are running since its backend is off

Hope you understood

Normally I would kill the process, so.

Killing/Turning off SAMP

Код:
killall samp03svr
Turning it back on:

nohup samp03svr &

I mean turn it off and online again without player force to reload the game without using gmx

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
I mean turn it off and online again without player force to reload the game without using gmx
Well you could force crash the server i guess....but you could still achieve this by using gmx then exiting the server while its restarting and then starting the server again once its stopped. Not totally sure if that would work tho...worth a try i guess.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
You want to restart a server while it's streaming data to/from a player in the server? Impossible, it should be a server close, and start it again..

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
Dumb question sir, you simply cannot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djole1337
Посмотреть сообщение
Dumb question sir, you simply cannot.
Yes you can lol

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
Yes you can lol
I gave you instructions on how to restart your SA-MP server, without restarting the VPS.