Do you use YSI Libraries? (Survey)

I am just making a survey to know how many people uses YSI, I'm just interested to know, You don't need to comment, just answer the Poll above, If you do not use it I hope you could explain it below, why you don't use it.

So far 2 people can't script

Quote:
Originally Posted by [uL]Pottus
Посмотреть сообщение
What. Not using a certain library doesn't mean you can't script.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [uL]Pottus
Посмотреть сообщение
What an ignorant thing to say. There are reasons to not use YSI. Some people want to keep their script free from any content written by others. Other people want to keep their .amx file as small as possible. (don't know if this is still an issue, but I remember YSI includes files that are sometimes not used by the gamemode) Knowledge of scripting is completely unrelated.

Anyway, I use foreach (now y_iterate) and y_hooks for a few years now and I'm satisfied.

I've never been a fan of libraries that rely mainly on extensive (combinations of) macros and compiler hacks. Besides that, I'm not comfortable with weird syntax. Lastly, if I use someone else's libraries (rarely) I want to know exactly how they work. YSI is just too big and extensive to dissect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny.
Посмотреть сообщение
What an ignorant thing to say. There are reasons to not use YSI. Some people want to keep their script free from any content written by others. Other people want to keep their .amx file as small as possible. (don't know if this is still an issue, but I remember YSI includes files that are sometimes not used by the gamemode)
That's true, I've been using YSI Libraries since I started scripted, the most YSI library I know that increases your amx size is the y_timers when you use defer TimerName(..) your .amx size will jump to 4 megabyte (mb)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince
Посмотреть сообщение
I've never been a fan of libraries that rely mainly on extensive (combinations of) macros and compiler hacks. Besides that, I'm not comfortable with weird syntax. Lastly, if I use someone else's libraries (rarely) I want to know exactly how they work. YSI is just too big and extensive to dissect.
Mind sharing the Library Name that you use?, other people want to explore.

I do use some parts of YSI like y_commands (but I went back to zcmd for some odd reason), y_inline, y_timers and y_iterate. While I appreciate all the work ****** put into it, I never see myself using it all, I prefer writing a lot of things myself, it's easier to track down and fix bugs in your own code. (not to mention expanding on systems).

yep i do

Since I used to convert my server to MySQL I'm using only y_commands and y_areas.

Well I use foreach only. Not others.

It's a must... People still use player loops with for instead of foreach? o.O

Quote:
Originally Posted by iZN
Посмотреть сообщение
Well I use foreach only. Not others.
Same,althought this is not a part of the YSI include,it's the only include I use from all ******'es releases.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiDok
Посмотреть сообщение
It's a must... People still use player loops with for instead of foreach? o.O
Not must,just recommended if you don't know how to make it better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny.
Посмотреть сообщение
What an ignorant thing to say. There are reasons to not use YSI. Some people want to keep their script free from any content written by others. Other people want to keep their .amx file as small as possible. (don't know if this is still an issue, but I remember YSI includes files that are sometimes not used by the gamemode) Knowledge of scripting is completely unrelated.

Anyway, I use foreach (now y_iterate) and y_hooks for a few years now and I'm satisfied.
I'm ignorant? You can't even take a simple joke basically what I mean by that is almost everyone uses a piece of code somewhere by ****** if you really thought I was serious your wrong.

removed

yles is bad scriptier

librery is bad

i m beter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potassium
Посмотреть сообщение
removed
I saw what you posted

Yup, y_iterate (of course for looping through players, and with custom iterators as well), y_hooks, y_inline for mysql callbacks, and y_timers. Sometimes y_colours, y_commands very rarely (but almost always when doing multilanguage gamemodes). I'm thinking about starting to use y_text, y_dialog, y_jaggedarray in combination with y_malloc. I thought about implementing mysql support for y_users, but currently working on my my own wrapper around mysql orm system.

i used to use y_commands,y_scripting and foreach.
But now i only just use foreach, and i replace y_commands with zcmd.

YSI is to complex for me and i just want simple not a very dynamic library which all the things that the include created is editable.

no, I have no need to

Quote:
Originally Posted by cessil
Посмотреть сообщение
no, I have no need to
This. I've always been scripting without any libraries and I haven't had any issues.

#dontdropthesoap