SA-MP server

Hello all!

I am new here so I have some newbie questions, and I hope that I will get some usefull information from some senior/experienced developers/scripters and server owners (or anyone who can help!).

Me and my friend are thinking about starting to script our own Role-Play gamemode script, but based on some good (already made) script so we can fix bugs, and update with our own ideas and stuff etc...

We are both programmers so scripting will not be the problem for us, and also, my friend got some experience in scripting (The Godfather gamemode, more than 5 years ago) but that was a long time ago and this things change fast, but people still play SAMP today as I can see.

So my questions over here are:

1. Which RP script is best to download and start fixing/updating? (I am considering between "The Godfather" and "Raven" as they are both looking good so far judging from the comments on their threads nowadays)

2. Which is the best method for hosting the server? Can I host it from home computer (~8 Mbps D; 0.5 U speed) and how many players would that support?
Are there any free servers for this purpose ( sa-mp.gs? ), and if they are, how many players would that support?

That are the main questions that are intriguing me now at the startup point, so I appreciate any help,

Greetings and thanks!!!

Seriously, code your own script. It's more fun and you'll know the script better.

I agree with the above, make your own.

Where to start then? Which gamemode?

Thank You for Your opinions but I would sure like to hear more advices!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chale4tee7
Посмотреть сообщение
Where to start then? Which gamemode?
They mean from scratch; all things from the beginning.

EDIT SCRIPTS = LIKE SUCKY
SCRATCH SCRIPTS (UNIQUE ONES) = BEST FOR ME!

If he's new with scripting he won't have skills to make his own from 0
And sometime peoples just like to edit not to make all from nothing,yeah it's best way to have something unique
but most of them fail after some time and just get bored of it coz of fails and close server leave samp 4ever.
If you are new and you don't know alot about scripting just download GM you like something like SA-RP/NG/Ravens
open your pawno use ******/******* and watch tutorials learn how to edit things,how to use publics/stocks/enums if you improve your skills one day and you would interesting then start GM from 0

About host i think 8mbps is really slow and bad you need a host with atleast 50mbps speed
About player support depends how much PC configuration is good where server will be hosted,
I don't know perfect specifications but i think you won't need more than 30-50max for start and i think dualcore 2-3gb ram would be enough

1. Every single RP gamemode that is barely good enough has already been used so damn extremely often, and edited uncountable times, that pretty sure every single edit possibility has already been there. You really cant make something new out of them, and adding another server to the pool that isnt new is a waste.
You dont need to consider another godfather or ravens or whatever to the 1000 other ones.

2. 0.5 mbps upload will already have problems with 5 players. Youll have to spend some money if you want something good.

I strongly suggest that you start from the first line. There's nothing better you'll find, really.

And as usual, for me personally, nothing is better than the paid services. If you want quality service and all that, the best option you have is to purchase a server.

I must agree with the one who said to make your own script.

Edits are great to learn from snippets and how a functioning script works, but if you want to know your own script and be able to fluctuate the features, make your own script so you can be proud of it and know it better than anyone. It's difficult but worth it.