RCON Attacks

hi there, so recently my server is getting RCON attacked all day long, and it causes lag to other players somehow. Does anyone know how to fix it? and filterscript or something

in your server.cfg put rcon 0

Disabling RCON is the best choice.

First of all, put rcon 0, and I believe if you delete "rcon_password", it will disable the Entire RCON system even in-game... Not sure, tho.

Disbale the rcon Other wise you will have rcon attacks

Forget about rcon 0 because it doesn't work, you will still be attacked. Build a strong password, all combinations of characters, at least 20+ chars long. Build a command that allows you, and only you to use the rcon feature without logging in. And finally, on OnRconLoginAttempt() ban any IPs that try to log in, successful or not.

Код:
new string[40];
format(string,sizeof(string),"banip %s",ip);
SendRconCommand(string);

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Einstein
Посмотреть сообщение
Forget about rcon 0 because it doesn't work, you will still be attacked. Build a strong password, all combinations of characters, at least 20+ chars long. Build a command that allows you, and only you to use the rcon feature without logging in. And finally, on OnRconLoginAttempt() ban any IPs that try to log in, successful or not.

Код:
new string[40];
SendRconCommand(string);
Most of the rcon bruters are external, meaning it doesn't happen ingame, your best bet is to disable rcon and ignore the login attempts.

put in game a limit for player for try login on rcon

and rcon 0 on server.cfg

I already rigged mines with anti rcon logins. Its happening in-game as someone tries to login to take over server. There is rcon 0 its not working I can still see it on my console its best to get anti rcons

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanA
Посмотреть сообщение
First of all, put rcon 0, and I believe if you delete "rcon_password", it will disable the Entire RCON system even in-game... Not sure, tho.
Incorrect, it just sets the password to "changeme".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Einstein
Посмотреть сообщение

Код:
new string[40];
SendRconCommand(string);
rcon 0 does work, the messages will still get spammed but they won't ever get the correct password! Also setting your password to "%$&"^%Ј&%^$WYHTRSHT^$W$LINUXTHEFISHBESTFISH%% " will help, as most people give up after hour or so

Unless you ban IP via firewall, rcon attacks will still happen - they just won't be able to come ingame.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pds2k12
Посмотреть сообщение
in your server.cfg put rcon 0
This ^