I want to make an offline SA-MP Server, but I don't know how.

Hello all, newb here.

I want to make an offline SA-MP server, so my brother and I can play GTA San Andreas. Our computers are offline, so there can't be internet settings.

-How do I set it up?
-Is there a way to have cops, and peds, and traffic?
-How do I configure my IP, and port's? (I can't use the whatsmyip thing, because it'll be different once I'm offline).
-Would I need my own dedicated PC for the server, or could I use my PC as the server, and client?

Could someone make a script, and the server.cfg file? I really don't know what I'm doing, and I've been trying to figure out the tutorial, but I just can't.

Thanks.

sure i will help you i send ya my MSN

Quote:
Originally Posted by x3991
Hello all, newb here.

I want to make an offline SA-MP server, so my brother and I can play GTA San Andreas. Our computers are offline, so there can't be internet settings.

-How do I set it up?
-Is there a way to have cops, and peds, and traffic?
-How do I configure my IP, and port's? (I can't use the whatsmyip thing, because it'll be different once I'm offline).
-Would I need my own dedicated PC for the server, or could I use my PC as the server, and client?

Could someone make a script, and the server.cfg file? I really don't know what I'm doing, and I've been trying to figure out the tutorial, but I just can't.

Thanks.
Dont worry, we were all newb's at first

I was thinking of starting a new tread but decided to ask here instead, all I need to know is if I can start up my own server and play on it offline, and if so how?

You are getting a local ip.. (also known as an internal IP or LAN IP) you can play with others on your LAN (Local Area Network). So connecting to your LOCAL ip would do the trick.

To know your local IP go to your (in XP you have to go to: start >run; vista is just start>enter in the search bar "cmd" ) command prompt (CMD) > type "ipconfig /all" > look up: "IP Address" > the IP address behind the dots is your local IP. You can use this to play with your buds on your local network.

that's what i have been doing, but I am playing on my school network sometimes, and I'm afraid that when i host the server, the school finds out, or that i screw the network up, or something like that. the school network is pretty big so that would definitely be a problem. Thanks for the reply anyway!

I want to make My own server to and its running over the college server. i'm also new to the server thing in SA Mp so could someone help

Thanks

You have to download the server package then read the readme/watch some videos on ******* if necessary then you're good to go. Making a basic server isn't hard at all.

well Everyone said about how to setup the server, But if im not wrong, noone answered one of the questions,
No u cant have Peds in the game(bots) police, Medics, civilians etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeaToN^
well Everyone said about how to setup the server, But if im not wrong, noone answered one of the questions,
No u cant have Peds in the game(bots) police, Medics, civilians etc.
Not yet anyway :O