[Documentary] Terms and Conditions May Apply (Your privacy on the net (****** & ********))

This is another thread about your privacy on the internet. I'm very interested in what happens with our data on the internet. This month a new and very interesting documentary got released on ******* explaining what terms and conditions you agree with. Many of us users do not read the terms of agreements, because we think it's a waste of our time. I cannot disagree with you! However, it is very important to read those agreements (trust me, I did not do that neither!). Everything you search for on the net, post on ********/*******, etc, will be stored and will never be removed.

I'm not going to explain everything here about the documentary. You really got to check it out. Here is the documentary:
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UWRuIXXzYs[/ame]

Be careful with what you post on the internet. The level of privacy you have got on the internet is extremely low to zero.

I'm very interested to read your opinion about this scenario, please reply here

I watched this documentary a couple of days ago, very scary about what could happen with your details. I really recommend that everyone should watch this, even if it's an hour long, doesn't matter.

I never care about these things. Basically, you're not forced to use the internet. If you don't like a certain companies policies then people should simply not use it. They make take some of your personal information but usually it's not going to harm you. Even ****** has the option to "opt-out" of some of these things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V1ceC1ty
Посмотреть сообщение
I never care about these things. Basically, you're not forced to use the internet. If you don't like a certain companies policies then people should simply not use it. They make take some of your personal information but usually it's not going to harm you.
For our living we are forced to use the internet. (Nearly) every job requires you to use the internet nowadays. Everything your company searches for is stored. Money transfers will be stored, litteraly everything what is being done via the internet. Also, the internet has a great impact on our lives. You're missing a lot when you're not using the internet, a lot of things are being done via the internet. It makes live so much easier, yet so much harder. Also, they do not take 'some' of our personal information. They take everything they can take.

On the other hand, we're not forced to use the internet. But you're (rudely said) missing a lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V1ceC1ty
Посмотреть сообщение
Even ****** has the option to "opt-out" of some of these things.
What does that mean?

p/s I'm not saying we should stop using the internet at all, that's also not the point of this documentary. The point of this documentary is to inform you what the government is doing with your personal information, and that you should be careful with whatever you post.

Unless you live in sweden..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biesmen
Посмотреть сообщение
For our living we are forced to use the internet. (Nearly) every job requires you to use the internet nowadays.
When you get a job which requires the use of a company email, that email is for work related communications only. If people are prepared to post their life stories, family picture, birth date, relationship status and bank details then they shouldn't complain.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
Also, they do not take 'some' of our personal information. They take everything they can take.
They take what you put there.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
a lot of things are being done via the internet.
A lot of thing can be done without it.

Scarier than a horror movie

Thanks for posting this, it's a great video! However, I think some things outlined here are a little over exaggerated, however, I don't live in the USA so not everything applies to me. Scary stuff though, hopefully this will make me think before agreeing to everything....

Anything personal such as (personal not gmail) email and my website is hosted on hardware that I own in a UK datacenter. This would make it harder for anyone to access my existing info without me knowing, and only able to intercept and decrypt stuff going backwards and forwards. The NSA should offer free cloud storage!

Back to T&C of online services; most music and films I own in physical form so no iTunes, and anything shared on *******/********/Instagram I don't really care about the rest of the world knowing and I certainly don't post anything about getting drunk or pregnant!

Thanks for sharing Biesmen ! I'm gonna watch this when i have time.

But when i saw the first 10 minutes I just thought: "You just said the reason why ppl don't read all those terms, conditions, policies, ... f*cking 180 hours / year. Why don't they make those terms smaller ? Why so much details ..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael@Belgium
Посмотреть сообщение
Why don't they make those terms smaller ? Why so much details ..."
I honestly believe they do not want us to read the terms of agreements, so they put a lot of non sense in it before we read what we litteraly agree to.