DDoSers

Recently I've started scripting for a server and helped got it populated with inviting my friends and now recently there's this one skid DDoSing us, we've been getting 35+ players and now with this skid we're losing a few players, any suggestions apart from buying DDoS protection?

Код:
Server is going down again, cause, i'm back
Код:
Razer gaming going down sorry guys.
Код:
Sorry players, but they know what the deal is untill that i wont stop. so you guys either find a beter community or stay on a server that get ddosed every time.
these are forum our new forums.

Range ban him maybe? Made sure you've got 0.3x R2? (R2 stops ddosers).

The best option you have other than getting a DDoS protection is that just Simply Firewall their IP's
or Range-ban them

Make your server 3x r2 then this problem will be fixed.

Actually we've been getting DDoSed all tonight - I can't even access FTP, so kinda not fixed.

How is a rangeban likely to work?

They don't need to have access to the server to fire unwanted packets at it? Also, they can surely have access to your server by using a proxy of some sort. These DDoSers are usually not that stupid to just give up after being banned. That being said, they obviously lack some sort of moral by doing it in the first place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bob
Посмотреть сообщение
Actually we've been getting DDoSed all tonight - I can't even access FTP, so kinda not fixed.
There is nothing else you can do. Don't give the person DDoSing any attention and just ignore him in any way he threatens you. At some point he'll stop because he doesn't get any attention.

Or find a hoster that has DDoS protection, note that this is very pricey.

I used to be EA on that server, I know a few people who DDoS that server that are past admin that have been fired because they do there job, To stop the DDoS attack, Let admin do there jobs. If i knew how to DDoS I would have done it too. That whole server needs to learn respect, and how to run a server.

And its not because YOU personally are back, its because of the server Administration team as a WHOLE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by =WoR=Mitch
Посмотреть сообщение
I used to be EA on that server, I know a few people who DDoS that server that are past admin that have been fired because they do there job, To stop the DDoS attack, Let admin do there jobs. If i knew how to DDoS I would have done it too. That whole server needs to learn respect, and how to run a server.

And its not because YOU personally are back, its because of the server Administration team as a WHOLE.
This seems to be the biggest complaint across all servers. If server owners would stop just giving out those positions just to attract players, it will never end. I know a server now where they have 25-30 players and at least 15-18 of them are admins. If server is new, owners should just do admin duties themselves until the community count goes up. Then pick admins who have been involved in your community and actually help the members. If you look to become an admin then be sure it is to help the community and not just to ding-dong around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanishHaq
Посмотреть сообщение
Range ban him maybe? Made sure you've got 0.3x R2? (R2 stops ddosers).
You just provided some big false information.

R2 Stopped some networking loop wholes that gave access to people creating such programs to spam the TCP Connections from their own PC to create what you guys call "bots". Causing the server to crash upon the load of the connection.

Range banning him won't do anything as well since he's not DoS/Sing through his computer, he's either using a Booter, Perl Script, IRC Bots or a 5k+ botnet.

@OP

Getting DDoS Protection will not help since a "DDoS Protection" is just extra bandwidth that the hosting company has in extra to overlap the attack, but if the attack has more bandwidth than the attack itself then it will be a waste of money.

If you're on windows, I would recommend getting a second VPS/Dedicated Server (I would recommend a VPS) and connect it to your SA:MP Server and monitor the traffic through various programs (I recommend WireShark) and see if the attack is a DoS Attack or a DDoS Attack. If it is a DoS Attack (Person attacking the server with a direct connection from his server so 1 IP) then block the IP through your firewall or whatever IP Denier you use. If it is a DDoS Attack (Multiple IP's attacking your server at once) then he's probably using a IRC Bot, Botnets or even the newbish way using multiple Servers just to hit a SA:MP Server (Low life). Then you may need to track those IP's and see where's the original source coming from (The original server that the attack is using to trigger the attack). If you can find that then block it and also create a log file through WireShark, send it to your hosting company and they'll block it for you (Takes less time than nullrouting everything).

Now if you're on Linux, this will be way easier for you. You can just do the same steps as Windows to verify is the attack is a DoS or DDoS Attack through the Linux default IP Tables. Once you figured it out, you can create your own firewall using the IP Tables and block any incoming attacks (I'm not going to explain the process of that because it'll take a few pages, just research on ****** "Setting up a automated firewall through Linux".

So you see, there's no point of a DDoS Protection if you can do stuff yourself for less money, have more control over stuff and guaranteed that it will work.