[Forum] Was the required time changed?

Hello, I joined today and I started to reply to threads when I noticed that I had to wait more time that I used to. After 3-4 posts, I just saw this:

Quote:

This forum requires that you wait 240 seconds between posts. Please try again in 74 seconds.

I believe 4 minutes are a lot. I reply to a thread and after switching to another and writing the solution, I need to wait for 3.5 minutes which is boring. The required time before (2 minutes) was much better!

2 minutes was long enough time - I usually prepared my answers (mostly helping people from boredom) prior to posting them in a batch.

Couldn't there be some more loose restrictions to people with higher post count/reputation/earlier join date?

They increased the time between posts? That's insanely stupid! It was high enough to start with...2 minutes is enough time to think of what to say.

LOL

This forum requires that you wait 240 seconds between posts. Please try again in 148 seconds.

WTF SAMP TEAM?

#stupidforumrules

Better. At least, it will slow down the stupid advertisers we have been seeing the last few days, when no moderator is online!
A small solution, not permanent, but at least useful.

Lol, 120 seconds was annoying, and now 240 seconds will annoy more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carz0159
View Post
They increased the time between posts? That's insanely stupid! It was high enough to start with...2 minutes is enough time to think of what to say.

LOL

This forum requires that you wait 240 seconds between posts. Please try again in 148 seconds.

WTF SAMP TEAM?

#stupidforumrules
such hash
many tag
wow
very swag

This is good change

Quote:
Originally Posted by linuxthefish
View Post
This is good change
In what way, yes it will slow down the advertisers, but not by much, most of them will just make a new account everytime they post anyway.

But, I have to wait 4 minutes in between posts, that means I will switch to another tab and not add my insightful and useful comments because I will forget about SAMP forums.

I think this is one of those more harm done than good situations.

This forum requires that you wait 240 seconds between posts. Please try again in 22 seconds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carz0159
View Post
In what way, yes it will slow down the advertisers, but not by much, most of them will just make a new account everytime they post anyway.

But, I have to wait 4 minutes in between posts, that means I will switch to another tab and not add my insightful and useful comments because I will forget about SAMP forums.

I think this is one of those more harm done than good situations.

This forum requires that you wait 240 seconds between posts. Please try again in 22 seconds.
Tbh I was posting to test the time limit, however hopefully this change will be the first of many good changes that will happen to the forums!

Not that I have anything for or against this change, It's just something new I guess...

Quote:
Originally Posted by linuxthefish
View Post
This is good change