Just curious who all works in I.T here?

I have the following certs. I work as an Information Systems Security Analyst

CCNA
Cisco I.T Essentials
Security+
A+
Network+

Interesting!

It depends on how you see "work". I'm still studying Application Programming, however, I program for money as well (websites, mobile/tablet apps, desktop apps)

It's my last year in computer engineering .. working on projects (games, websites, apps etc..) with my fellows.

Full-time webdeveloper, mostly frontend. What do you need to learn to get security+? Reverse engineering, breach analysis, or what kind of stuff?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misiur
Посмотреть сообщение
Full-time webdeveloper, mostly frontend. What do you need to learn to get security+? Reverse engineering, breach analysis, or what kind of stuff?
Reverse Engineering is more of a programer job. Basically when you're in security you deal with proper protocol implementation. Permissions, Malware Analysis, Virus Containment. Layer 3 VPN's. Metro Wan Security just everything really with a security orientation.

I now work for Cisco actually. lol.

#companywasboughtoutbycisco

#mynowextremelyrichboss/exownerofcompanyboughtlike2carslastweek

But, they are nice cars.

ones a Viper GTS
the others a twin turbo Vette

I had a job in Network Security which consists of protecting our network from attacks (inside and outside). I worked with different types of firewalls (Cisco ASA, Checkpoint, Linux IPTables) setting up new rules, DMZ, debugging stuff, and so on. I also had to work with proxies (BlueCoat and Squid) and VPNs. I even developed an amazing firewall heath checking tool (fully automated analysis of every firewall to check if the rules are not duplicated, unused or dangerous). Was fun, until my contract ended, haha..

My focus now is security, and more precisely pentesting. I've planned to pass two EC-Council (http://www.eccouncil.org/) certifications soon : the CEH (Certified Ethical Hacker) and CSA (Certified Security Analyst). And probably the LPT (Licensed Penetration Tester) too. It's a lot of work and it's expensive, but I have a great motivation and a good background to start those certifications.

Cisco makes more money teaching people how to use their crap than selling actual hardware!

Cisco qualifications are more based towards Cisco hardware, while something like HP ASA for networking goes into a little more detail than CCNA, and possibly even CCNP...