Shipping options using the USPS.

Does anyone here have experience shipping items to customers? I've been experimenting with shipping options, but the majority are costing me $5 for shipping an 8 ounce item, which is friggen ridiculous. I'm still looking to use USPS, but I'm pretty sure I'm just overlooking what I need -- so the question I have is, does anyone know a cheap way to ship within the united states? I know this is a really odd place to ask, but I'm running out of places lol

Use the courier services, I live in New Zealand and it works fine down here.
Ofcourse it'll be different but it might be of good use.

Reference:
Service
My apologies in advance if that's not allowed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxSwissxx
Посмотреть сообщение
Use the courier services, I live in New Zealand and it works fine up here.
Ofcourse it'll be different but it might be of good use.

Reference:
Service
My apologies in advance if that's not allowed.
I'll definitely do some research on couriers, I was talking to the guy working at the post office and he suggested going with flat rate boxes, problem is they still end up costing ~$5 a box, and since it's a box a customer, that would not help me at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2KY
Посмотреть сообщение
I'll definitely do some research on couriers, I was talking to the guy working at the post office and he suggested going with flat rate boxes, problem is they still end up costing ~$5 a box, and since it's a box a customer, that would not help me at all.
There's definitely cheaper options, and It may all come down to if you add the cost of shipping to the order the customer makes (on your end that is).

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxSwissxx
Посмотреть сообщение
There's definitely cheaper options, and It may all come down to if you add the cost of shipping to the order the customer makes (on your end that is).
As of right now I'm adding $2 on their order for shipping, which is making me price my items $3 higher than they need to be due to shipping costs in order to even turn a profit. Once I find a shipping option that works, I will be able to lower my product cost and thus pump out more supply which will in turn increase my profit.

EX:

Price to turn a Profit: $3.00
Current Price: $5.00
Revised Price w/ Shipping: $7.00

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2KY
Посмотреть сообщение
As of right now I'm adding $2 on their order for shipping, which is making me price my items $3 higher than they need to be due to shipping costs in order to even turn a profit. Once I find a shipping option that works, I will be able to lower my product cost and thus pump out more supply which will in turn increase my profit.

EX:

Price to turn a Profit: $3.00
Current Price: $5.00
Revised Price w/ Shipping: $7.00
Atleast your making some sought of profit for the mean time, it takes time to build up something from the ground you know.
At some point you may need to advertise, or what not - there's always room.
May I ask what your selling? Not to be rude.

Wow! what do you have lying around your house? Alls i have is dust, cobwebs, empty candy wrappers and stuff like that...