Volt Host acquired by Serverminds LLC

Hi all,

If you haven't already been alerted about this, on September 1st I officially sold Volt Host to Serverminds LLC, a hosting company in the Netherlands. I'm posting this message to let anyone interested in the reasons know why, reassure any concerns you may have about the future of the brand and to post the official PR release. If I'm breaking any rules, please send me a PM so that I can make modifications to this thread.

I sold Volt Host because I have a lot of other commitments outside of running the host and it was getting to a point where I was unable to work alongside our team to provide the high quality service our customers are used to while staying fully committed to my other work. For those who don't know, I study computer science at a university in Canada, research in the field of artificial intelligence (at the same university), run a student community for programming and I'm currently starting to become more involved in working in another industry.

I worked through several offers with several different companies over this summer trying to find the best company to take on Volt Host and address many of the problems that have become prevalent recently (at Volt and in general with the game hosting industry). For those who know me well, they know that I don't care about money too much, and with Volt, the most important thing for me was to find a company that can do better than I can (this was literally the first thing I detailed when I discussed this with any prospective company).

In the end I agreed to an offer from Serverminds LLC, a hosting company that has been around for a while and definitely has experience in the game hosting industry. They have a strong team of full time programmers and other staff that can manage Volt Host. Additionally, they are a company that has access to enough hardware to provide excellent DDoS protection. They have many full time employees and are continually upsizing their team. All of this means one thing for you: better service and better servers.

In my opinion, these guys are going to do great (which is why I chose them) and you should definitely show them as much support as you can. We should all be seeing a new, future proof line of server products coming out of Volt over the next few months and I hope you're all as excited as I am about that.

I'm still working with them to help their developers get through the source code and get a handle on everything that's in the system I built over the past few years. Over the next month to two they should be introducing stuff such as VPS, voice servers, fully DDoS protected servers and several non-service related things such as a long overdue redesign.

If you have any questions, concerns, comments (or anything else), please post them here or feel free to email me personally at mark.prokoudine@gmail.com and I'll do my best to answer you.

Here is a copy of the press release:

Quote:

Serverminds acquires Volt-Host, a Canadian Game Service Provider (GSP)

NOT FOR PUBLIC RELEASE

Amsterdam, NL September 1, 2013 - IT solutions provider Serverminds announces today their acquisition of Volt-Host.

Volt-Host is a Game Service Provider offering a wide arrange of Gameservers to a steady amount of customers.

Volt-Host has serves clients from all over the world with a main focus on providing SA:MP, MTA and Minecraft Gameservers.

Serverminds is excited with the new addition to it’s company and is making the customer satisfaction along with the improvement and growth of the business it’s main priority.

Volt-Host will continue to be a separate entity with an extended team of technicians who are experienced in supporting and optimizing Gameservers.
Within the next few days all clients will be informed about the steps Volt Host is taking to improve the reliability and performance off all services rendered.

The last few days have been very hectic for the old and new Management team by a series of DDoS Attacks on the entire cluster of servers as well as some individual node crashes.
As these issues occured in the middle of the transition process there has been a lot of confusion within our client base for which we deeply appologize.

Serverminds is currently going through the feedback provided on the Volt-Host uservoice (https://volthost.uservoice.com/forum...st-suggestions) to decide on the improvements that need to be made and the urgency thereof based on the amount of votes.

About Serverminds
Serverminds is headquartered in The Netherlands and provides it’s services to clients via multiple Datacenter Locations around the globe.
Serverminds is focused on world-class, high-performance delivery of superior technology solutions. We are passionate about providing the right, rather than the most lucrative, solution for our customers.

Kind Regards,
Mark Prokudin

I wish the best for Volt Host.

I hosted with Volt many times during 2010 to 2013 and rarely had any problems, don't know why everyone else is complaining lol. It's a cool company.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmet_
Посмотреть сообщение

I hosted with Volt many times during 2010 to 2013 and rarely had any problems, don't know why everyone else is complaining lol. It's a cool company.
Lucky You.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kar
Посмотреть сообщение
Lucky You.
lol.

i'm talking about the time when Volt wasn't getting ddosed shitloads.

to OP: are you still working for the Volt support team or are u done with it entirely?

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
lol.

i'm talking about the time when Volt wasn't getting ddosed shitloads.

to OP: are you still working for the Volt support team or are u done with it entirely?
I'm working with the development team to help familiarize them with the code and I'm always available to the CEO of Serverminds as a consultant for anything that I might be able to help with.

The problems with DDoS attacks should be resolved asap since the new company have networks setup specifically to protect against DDoS attacks targeted towards game servers.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
Same,and i have server hosted in this Company it's great,wish all best in incoming days for this company.

Will the name be changed, or still be the same?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan_Salvatore
Посмотреть сообщение
Same,and i have server hosted in this Company it's great,wish all best in incoming days for this company.
Thanks! I appreciate your support. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sublime
Посмотреть сообщение
Will the name be changed, or still be the same?
The brand (including the name, Volt Host) will stay the same.

Volt-Host is a great server provider. I've used it for almost a year now and with no complaints, you've done a great job iLinx, especially fending off all the attacks. I wish you the best of luck in the future

Good Luck Volt-Host in my view you were best in the Business around. Been years that i been using your service. Happy to see the new DDos protection by ServerMinds LLC. Hope its gonna be great as before.

Good luck for the future Linx. Hope you and Volt Host grow more and more.

I host with volt-host since 2010, and never had serious problems. Whenever I needed support, someone was there to help me.

Today when I was doing the monthly renewal, i see the name "server minds" on paypal, so I thought you had changed the name

New owners should be working well, I didn't notice the difference of sale until now on your post, I hope that them continue with the great service that volt-host always had.

"you've done a great job iLinx, especially fending off all the attacks. I wish you the best of luck in the future"
І

I have used Volt-Host since 2011, and must admit that the support was always there when i got troubles.

"better service and better servers."
  • 11:52pm, September 10th/2013 I created a ticket about resetting the password function still not working. I am very sure they still have not fixed it and now it's been more than 1 month (I noticed the issue one week before the ticket).
  • Cunning really. They disable PDO because of "security reasons" - this extension is the CORE to most forums nowadays. I'm still surprised they are not even up to date with PHP builds (why I say this? because mysql_* don't address a deprecated error.)
  • I moved my web data out, and I feel just great. I mean, I surely don't need to deal with downtime and the limitations to my host. Stupid of me for even spending more than a hundred dollars on web packages... (Dedicated IP, etc.)
  • Someone said "Uptime" is great on the servers. That's true, however partially all essential packages are disabled therefore your site is useless.
  • As soon as a new SA-MP RC is developed, especially security releases, it's not added to the upgrade function until I moan for it. Then finally, they do it and address they needed more than three days.
  • "We provide all of our customers, prospective and current with progressive support solutions to fit their needs, not ours." - Sorry, but this seemed like it was revoked!
  • A staff member said he'll append additional days onto my servers for the downtime and then Dominic lifts it...
  • DDoS protected is cliche.
"Server hosting services have never looked this good."

Indeed.

Nevertheless iLinx, I would understand the tension you went through. I have been satisfied with your presence a lot. I'll just hope these new people are as good as you say.

this host always gave problems to me and server on which i used to play
hope to see it improved as it provide a good hosting deals

I also ran into alot of problems with their webhosting. Specifically with their firewall blocking me because i was working too fast.

I'm currently having an Server with them, and I must say That it is Going Fabulous, No down-time and Great PING
Best of luck Volt!

Had a webhost there, it was up around 40% of the month.

Volt-Host was a very good host in the beginning of years. But it is now currently in a bad situation, I hope Serverminds LLC will run it like it was before in the beginning years. Good luck Serverminds LLC. Looking forward for improvements to the servers.

What was estimated price on which you agreed? just wondering, forum PM me, if you don't want tell in public.

Maybe this is what Volt-Host needed, it really went down hill unfortunetly, the web hosting was and is still bad with constant downtime..

The support was really slow, and I mean really.

Anyway good luck with your future.