[Tutorial] How to port forward SA-MP

How to port forward your SA-MP Server
By Gazzy
Hey guys! I'm going to show you how to simply portforward your SA-MP server so that other people may join it.

Step 1. Getting your default gateway.
First of all, we're going to need our default gateway to access our router 'database'. Go to your start menu and type in search 'Run' or 'CMD', if you open Run then just type CMD and open it.
Then type 'ipconfig' and go to your default gateway and write it down (Mine is 192.168.0.1)

Step 2. Accessing the router.

Now we need to access our router. In your internet browser, in the address bar, type your default gateway (Mine is 192.168.0.1) and login to your router.

Then go to Advanced settings and go down to security.

Step 3. Port Forwarding

Then click port forwarding, type a name (SA-MP), a port, usually 7777 and Start and End ports will be the same, select UDP and then go back to your CMD and write down the IPv4 address (Mine is 192.168.0.3) and enter that for the IP address.

Click save and you're done!

Thanks for reading

If you don't like this tutorial, don't comment on it...

Change the topic title to "How to port forward SA-MP with Virgin Media Super Hub". Every router is different, otherwise, good job I suppose for the minority of Super Hub users.

It would be roughly the same for other routers, just different navigations like default gateway and where the 'portforwarding' tab would be but other than that it's roughly the same for all routers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazzy
Посмотреть сообщение
It would be roughly the same for other routers, just different navigations like default gateway and where the 'portforwarding' tab would be but other than that it's roughly the same for all routers.
NO, the thing that would be same is that ipconfig thing, the webpage and other will be COMPLETELY different

And Ipv4 will be the ip?od samp?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viki
Посмотреть сообщение
And Ipv4 will be the ip?od samp?
No the server IP will be YOUR IP
check it here: http://whatismyip.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazzy
Посмотреть сообщение
If you don't like this tutorial, don't comment on it...
Every Member has right to say about a thread, If he don't make any troll or using bad words or even making that person angry.

You missed the fact that you have to configure the firewall settings aswell (inbound/outbound) rules.