Interest for a new RP gamemode

Hey,

Any people still here who would be interested in a RP gamemode that actually brought something new to the table?

I'm thinking of making an RP gamemode, but there's no point if I'm just going to struggle to maintain 20 online players at once. Is SA-MP RP scene dead (except for long-running servers like LS-RP), or are there still RP players here who just don't join any of the numerous RP servers that get advertised daily because they are the same old gamemode (near enough) as we've all seen before?

Thanks.

I'm one of emm make this thing you gon make and then pm me, peace.

Oh look, it's this thread again

If you actually think you're capable and willing to put in time into something ''unique'', just do it. If it's ACTUALLY unique, you will definately have players.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [Twixx]
View Post
Oh look, it's this thread again

If you actually think you're capable and willing to put in time into something ''unique'', just do it. If it's ACTUALLY unique, you will definately have players.
>If it's ACTUALLY unique, you will definately have players.

That's what I'm doubtful regarding, though. That's why I made this thread.

I only go for servers based in the country side. They feel more unique for me. But the fact is, people are getting bored of RP, so yeah... You can always try doing something unique, I can PM you some ideas. Don't want to share 'em here.

I've actually began working on my roleplay gamemode last month (the 20th of September, to be precise), but I never got around to finishing it, due to lack of motivation.

I'd say, if you were making an RP gamemode, don't make up the same shit that everyone else is using. Start out by a nice login screen, place the script somewhere in SF or Fort Carson (my personal opinion, doesn't have to be those places).

And PLEASE, put some rentable vehicles around the streets. I'm tired of running down the street like I shit my pants because there are no vehicles or bikes around to steal, and especially when you get jailed for "bunnyhopping" by the admins because since there's no cars around, you have to spam the jump key to get places.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmet_
View Post
And PLEASE, put some rentable vehicles around the streets. I'm tired of running down the street like I shit my pants because there are no vehicles or bikes around to steal, and especially when you get jailed for "bunnyhopping" by the admins because since there's no cars around, you have to spam the jump key to get places.
Not bad idea but to carry it farther why not have cabs positioned outside the hospitals, jail and prison. If possible script it so you would enter the cab as a guest and once inside the map would appear where you create a marker for where you want the cab to drop you off. You would be charged based on the distance you are going. Hate to give up an idea but will let this one go as I am sure it has been tried

I like your cab idea, I am actually going to work on something similar soon- However, Back to the topic-I would stick with Emmet's opinion, Make something new within a new location- Not the same old traditional places & commands.

Well, I'm still interested in RP servers, even though I've quit them in a long time and started playing freeroams. I would only join one that is ultimately unique. Regarding GTA Simmer's suggestion, there's a room for improvement of course. When a player joins, he will spawn outside a prison, at the docks, or the airport(user's decision) and when they spawn, they will be transferred into a random virtual world and they will be prompted to enter a cab in front of them. As they enter, the cab will show you around, sorta' tutorial showing the places around but with an actual NPC driving the cab and showing you around. Once the NPC is done 'blablablaing' he will stop at the DMV, telling you to take a driver's license. As you exit the cab, your VW will be changed back to '0'. I have not yet seen a server with this feature, but I've seen someone else's game mode with this a while back ago when I was testing it. I think his name on the forums was RbN. or idk lol.

Actions speak louder than words.