Someone copied my server name

Hello everyone, all dear SA-MP users,
I don't know if someone (or beta testers) can help me with this, but I was checking the SA-MP Servers Internet List, and I was shocked someone copied my server name which is Street Kings Cops and Robbers. I'm not giving the ip of the copy-cat server. The server owner is not using the same script as my server though, but I don't think it's allowed right? Copying other servers name is not allowed right? How or where do I report this?

There isn't much you can do unfortunately, you can speak to the owner and see if they will change it otherwise just ignore or change yours.

I dont think that SA-MP staff deal with these kind of things.

Yeah, having a copy sucks.

I think you should write the server IP so we can check if what you are saying is correct or not .

EDIT : Alright , that would be advertising .

It would be advertising, but yeah, if you need the server IP you can ask me in PM.

@StuartD: I will try to talk with him.

@JamesH: yeah :L it sucks

Actually the name could be same as your's because that's not even unique in my opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iZN
Посмотреть сообщение
Actually the name could be same as your's because that's not even unique in my opinion.
Yep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuartD
Посмотреть сообщение
There isn't much you can do unfortunately, you can speak to the owner and see if they will change it otherwise just ignore or change yours.
Best suggestion, Same here.
SA-MP Team doesn't deal with this small problem's.

If the server is copyrighted or under your trademark you can sue them or something.
May be some unnecessary payments for an lawyer tough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abidaz
Посмотреть сообщение
If the server is copyrighted or under your trademark you can sue them or something.
May be some unnecessary payments for an lawyer tough.
Does not matter and nothing he can do. SA-MP is a modification to make GTA SA a multiplayer platform via this third party, thus that will not happen.

Deal with it and I doubt that, that person won't be able to keep up that long. Goodluck.