/NOPM - Disable Received PMs For Player

Hi,

So I am trying to add a "/nopm" command to my gamemode, where when the player enters "/nopm", they won't be able to receive PMs, and if someone tries to PM that person, they get a message saying that the player is not accepting PMS.

pawn Код:
// placed top of script
new NoPM[MAX_PLAYERS];
// In OnPlayerConnect
NoPM[playerid] == 0;
// placed along side other commands..
CMD:nopm(playerid, params[])
{
    if(NoPM[playerid] == 1)
{
    SendClientMessage(playerid, COLOR_WHITE, "You are now accepting PMs");
    NoPM[playerid] == 0;
    return 1;
}
    else if(NoPM[playerid] == 0)
{
    SendClientMessage(playerid, COLOR_WHITE, "You are no longer accepting PMs");
    NoPM[playerid] == 1;
    return 1;

}
}

// placed on bottom of script
public OnPlayerPrivmsg(playerid, recieverid, text[])
{
if(NoPM[recieverid] == 1)
{
SendClientMessage(playerid, COLOR_GREY, "This player has NO PM turned on, Try again later");
return 1;
}
return 0;
}
Problem is, when I type the command, it says - "You are no longer accepting PMs", but if I type it again, it just says that same thing over and over, and don't understand why.

If this is filterscript then problem is solved, you can't block private message from filterscript with returning 0 in OnPlayerPrivmsg.

Oh, I apologize. No, it isn't a Filterscript, it's actually integrated into the gamemode itself.

I haven't actually had the chance to see if the messages are actually getting blocked, but the problem I am experiencing as of now, once I type the command, and it goes "you are not accepting PMs now" - Once I type it again to allow PMs, it doesn't say "Your now accepting PMs" - It keeps going as if NoPM is constantly set to true, so it just says "your not accepting PMs now" every time I type the command.

anyone know?

OnPlayerPrivMsg is removed, and won't work in 0.3x servers. I think the whole thing is due to the removed function.

Oh, okay, I guess that's possible. I would have thought when typed out a second time, the status would've changed, at least for the player who typed the command, and states it is either accepting or not.

How would I counter this? Is there an alternative?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 15outland
Посмотреть сообщение
Oh, okay, I guess that's possible. I would have thought when typed out a second time, the status would've changed, at least for the player who typed the command, and states it is either accepting or not.

How would I counter this? Is there an alternative?
You can use "sscanf" or you can use "if" and "else".

I made it for you with sscanf so basicly when you type "/turnpm off" it turns it off,
and when you type "/turnpm on" it turns it on.

pawn Код:
COMMAND:turnpms(playerid, params[])
{
        new tmp[15];
    if( sscanf ( params, "s", tmp))  return SCP(playerid, "/turnpms on/off");
    if(strcmp(tmp,"off",true)==0)//1 enable 0 = disable
    {
        if(NoPM[playerid] == 0) return SendClientMessage(playerid, WHITE, "already off");
        NoPM[playerid] == 0;
        SendClientMessage(playerid, WHITE, "PMS OFF");
    }
    if(strcmp(tmp,"on",true)==0)
    {
        if(NoPM[playerid] == 1) return SendClientMessage(playerid, WHITE, "already on");
        NoPM[playerid] == 1;
        SendClientMessage(playerid, WHITE, "PMS OFF");
    }
    return 1;
}
If you want the command to be 1 command like /turnpm and you want it to decet automaticly the varaible
you will need to use if(NoPM[playerid] == 1) and else.

Good luck

wow, thanks a lot man, I really appreciate that

By the way, I am little confused, which part of the code send a message to the player sending a PM to someone with NO PM on, saying the recipient has 'NO PM' turned on, and then blocks the message?

Well that you can add in the command itself

pawn Код:
if(NoPM[ThePlayerYouPm] != 1) return SendClientMessage(playerid, color, "cant send pm he turned his pms off");

Yeah okay, sorry, thanks.