[FilterScript] [FS]Redgie's AFK Kicker

Welcome to Redgie's AFK Kicker Filterscript!

Hello and welcome to my first ever Filterscript release!

This simple Filterscript enables you to automatically kick players who are AFK(Away From Keyboard) for too long.
What makes this Filterscript special?
The ability to customise several options with the script means that you can adapt it to your own server! You can have your very own version without scripting a single line! And it requires no scripting knowledge at all to do!

What does the script do
Via several customisable options, this script kicks players who spend too much time away from game, whether thay have the game minimised, or have left the computer all together, this script will kick them in a way you are able to set!

Why would I use this script? What's a good example?
There are a nuber of reasons for using this script. If your server regularly reaches it's maximum capacity, and you feel that some AFK players are taking up room, you can enable this script to kick those pesky, bandwith consuming AFKers!

Another example is on a RP server, if alot of your players Exp Farm(Stay online whilst AFK in order to gain levels) This simple script can be set to kick them before paydays, or any time at all!

What is cutomisable about this Filterscript?
First off is the time, this script allows you to change the amount of time the script allows players to stay AFK, whether you want them to be AFK for up to 5 minutes, or 5 days, any amount is possible.

Second is the ability to toggle whether or not the kicked player is told the maximum AFK time. Why is this customisable? Simple! If you don't want people staying AFK right till the last second, moving slightly, and then going AFK again, you can set the script not to reveal the maximum AFK time!

Finally, for now anyway, is the ability to toggle public messaged. Want your players to know who those darn AFK players are? Check this box in order to display a public message, every time a player is kicked, which includes their name for quick reference!

Any suggestions as to more customisable features, or any additional features at all are much appreciated, and WILL be added if deemed appropriate!

How do I use it?
That's simple, simply read the instructions included with the script, or take the job head on and change the lines that include #define, right at the top of the script. But don't worry if you don't know how to script, everything you need to know is written in green!

Simply put the attached files into your servers folder marked "Filterscripts", and either enable them to start with the server by adding "AFKicker" to the line called "Filterscripts" in the server.cfg, or simply log into RCON via /rcon login RCON Password and do /rcon loadfs AFKicker, easy!

Other notes
  • This script works from startup! So you can enable the script anytime you want, you DON'T need to restart!
  • In order to reduce strain on the server, this script runs a timer every minute, not every second, so when choosing your maximum AFK time, always remember that up to 1 extra minute may be added on!
  • In order to edit the message displayed on kick, simply change what is inside the public function "AFKKicker" to your desired message!
  • Always remember to hit the Compile/Run button when you change the script. Then simply /rcon reloadfs AFKicker and you can use your edited script WITHOUT restarting!
  • Please post any bugs and suggestions, as this was done quite quickly, and thus is bound to be improvable! Any criticism is good criticism, though constructive ones are preffered!
Download: http://www.redgiesrp.co.uk/AFKicker.rar (.pwn and .amx included in one file)
Pastebin: http://pawn.pastebin.com/f52a23780

Current version: 1.0

Nice

EDIT: Tested and it is working great. Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJoao
Nice work dude
Thankyou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dujma
Nice

Great! Might I ask, is this on a local server or a public one?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redgie
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJoao
Nice work dude
Thankyou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dujma
Nice

Great! Might I ask, is this on a local server or a public one?
Local. But it will be public in a couple of days. I need to do some testings and some bug fixing...

good job poopeh

This is cool and simple. Nice

How come we don't have this in RRP? We have too many exp farmers anyway.

Hot Redgie

Pastebin link please.

just what i needed